PDA

View Full Version : word a letter

Karen1
30-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Hi

I have a shift worker child who is 11 months old. his brother is in year 1 and parents have asked me to pick him up from School (which is where my two go- reception and year 2).

Now they are coming tomorrow night to sign contract for school pick up.

Trouble is, I am wanting to cut down and am thinking of giving up. o really i dont want to take this on, but i dont want to lose the younger child just yet.

What do I do- or should i say to parent as dont want to take this child on now, but as a sibling and i go to the school anyway i dont know what to say.

as they are shift worker then it could be hard for them to find alternative. the older was going to after school club- but they wnat the parents to now pay for a full week, when they dont always need it!

Ah dilemma on what to say, plus i will be dashing around and up steps to three classrooms!

need to send reply tonight to cancel, as not seeing them again now to friday?

ideas ?

tia

shortstuff
30-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Maybe tell them you will do it in the short term until they find someone else? That you weren't looking to add schoolies to your setting?

Koala
30-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Does your space ratio allow you to take on another child?? :thumbsup:

QualityCare
30-09-2014, 01:31 PM
if l were the parent l would find it a bit strange that a childminder who already had one of my children and who already went to the school in question didn't want to take on my other child. You could just be honest and say you you are thinking of giving up or that you are cutting down but you risk losing the younger one if they find someone else as parents might not want to collect from 2 minders.

Karen1
30-09-2014, 03:30 PM
i do have a space as dont normally do after schoolers.

yeah i know it will seem odd if i refuse, so think i am just going to be honest and risk losing the younger as just had dates for interview come through.

think i will just have to bite the bullet and be honest and just say im sorry, but have decided to cut down hours and look for other employment. i understand if you need to start looking elsewhere and find alternative care, but i dont want to take on xx because it would be unfair to him.

scary times. job interviews, not done them in a while.oooohhh

Email sent cancelling the meeting tomorrow and have been honest. Oh well may lose them, but am being fair, i want to move on any way.

Karen1
02-10-2014, 05:26 PM
i do have a space as dont normally do after schoolers.

yeah i know it will seem odd if i refuse, so think i am just going to be honest and risk losing the younger as just had dates for interview come through.

think i will just have to bite the bullet and be honest and just say im sorry, but have decided to cut down hours and look for other employment. i understand if you need to start looking elsewhere and find alternative care, but i dont want to take on xx because it would be unfair to him.

scary times. job interviews, not done them in a while.oooohhh

Email sent cancelling the meeting tomorrow and have been honest. Oh well may lose them, but am being fair, i want to move on any way.

Well have decided that I am not going to go for the job interviews. i spoke to my families and they were brilliant and offered to change things around so thet I can have time off in the week and will lessen my work amount. So am feeling a lot more positive about everything now. Feeling so much better.

smurfette
02-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Well have decided that I am not going to go for the job interviews. i spoke to my families and they were brilliant and offered to change things around so thet I can have time off in the week and will lessen my work amount. So am feeling a lot more positive about everything now. Feeling so much better.m
Oh that's great news! Maybe you will find it gives you a better life / work balance and renew your enthusiasm for your job! Good luck!!

smurfette
02-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Ps lovely they value you so much!! Well done!

Karen1
03-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Yes all working out ok. Cos im cutting down im happy to do the sibling puck up.
Plus mum whos leaving me in four weeks brought me a lovely reference today. Really made me feel like im doing a good job. But can be so hard sometimes. Feel a bit more appreciated.