PDA

View Full Version : Babies Under 12 Months

emma04
07-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi

Just a quick bit of advice if anyone can help.

I have just been asked to have a 6 month old baby full time (mon-fri, 8-5.30). Thing is for 3 days of the week (mon-wed, 8-5.30) i already have 1 10&1/2 month old.

Do you think OFSTED would let me have them both considering it is only about 7 weeks until the 10&1/2 month old is 12 months, plus i would only have them both together for 3 days a week.

(obviously i will clear it with ofsted first!!)

Has this happened to anyone or do they have any idea what the outcome is likely to be?:eek:

Thanks

chubbymummy
07-01-2008, 05:22 PM
you need to write to the variation unit at ofted. this can take 4 weeks so if you are only just considering it i'd do it now!

emma04
07-01-2008, 05:25 PM
you need to write to the variation unit at ofted. this can take 4 weeks so if you are only just considering it i'd do it now!

Do i have to write or can i call? If i have to write what do i need to include?

Have told lady that i can't have her until A. I've checked and B. until 25th Feb anyway so got a bit of time.

Thanks

honey
07-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I agree. you need to do a variation form, you can do these in 2 ways
first way is to send the variation form via email then send it thru the post. If you phone ofsted and tell them you want to do this they will give you the details, I have done it this way before and it tends to be a bit quicker especially if you mark it urgentr and give them a due date of when you need an answer by. and keep hassling them if they are slow.

littlesprogs
07-01-2008, 06:18 PM
As far as i'm aware Ofsted dont give variations for newly registered childminders (sorry if i'm wrong but i think you are newly registered). Reason i think this is because when i had my pre-reg i told my inspector that we were planning a family so she told me not to take on a baby straight away because ofsted dont give variations to new childminders.

Wont hurt to try though

Louise x

Lou
07-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I dont think it makes any difference whether you are newly registered as far as i know, but they will normally only grant a variation for continuation of care or for a sibling.

Is there any way that she could manage somehow until the baby you already have turns one? maybe she has family/ friends that could help out on a tempory basis?

If you do decide to write to Ofsted, you will need to include the names and dats of birth of all children (incl your own) that you care for and what days and times. You will also need to explain how you will meet all the needs of the children in your care-emotionally, and physically.

You will also need to assure them that you have all the eqipment and resourses needed.

HTH

emma04
07-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi

I called Ofsted to ask their advice and the man on the phone sounded very positive, he explained what i needed to put in the letter and said to include that i needed to know asap in order to tell the parents whether or not i could go ahead with the arrangement, so fingers crossed. Hopefully the fact that they will only be in my care together for 3 days a week for 7 weeks will help:(

Have written the letter and will send tomorrow.

Tily Bud
07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Hope you get the reply you want Emma x

Hazel2 had this variation granted recently you could pm her to ask advice x

emma04
07-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks Cheryl, have done so.:)

Mollymop
08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi emma,

I hope it goes ok for you and they get back to you as soon as and give you a positive response!! Fingers crossed X

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Just wanted to say good luck Emma

Keep us posted

Angel xx

custardcream
09-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Good luck, I hope you get it. I have a variation in place for 2 days of the week.

Cammie Doodle
09-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Emma I had a variation granted without any problems at all.:) Good Luck :thumbsup: June

deeb66
09-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Good luck Emma

emma04
10-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks to all!!

Not quite sure where i'd be without this forum...........probably spiraling into some kind of breakdown!!..........maybe not quite that dramatic:laughing: , but it does feel stressful at times!!