PDA

View Full Version : local offer

kat27
26-09-2014, 12:11 PM
I am slightly confussed, I have been informed that I should have done a local offer regarding SEND.. so i called up LA and they said no thats them that does it. So confused now as i dont want to ne missing something and getting Mrs O cross lol TIA
Kat

AliceK
26-09-2014, 12:27 PM
The Local Offer is written up and published by your LA. If you type into google "your LA Local Offer" it should bring it up for you to have a look at.

xxx

loocyloo
26-09-2014, 12:33 PM
I have to have a 'local offer' along with all schools nurseries preschools etc.

I wrote a paragraph about my setting/lay out etc .. steps, narrow doors, level access at rear, plus my experience and training and that I would seek additional training/support should it be required.

kat27
26-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Right ok, so basically I need to put how i would work with SEND in my setting. I already have all that in my policy is it just duplicating that? I honestly get no advice from LA! If it wasnt for this forum I would never have heard about it. Feeling very stupid at the mo sorry everyone! X

Smileyface
26-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Following x

moggy
27-09-2014, 12:18 PM
As long as you are familiar with the new SEND legislation and have a SEND Policy (or whatever title you want to call it) then I would not worry. It is the LA who are compiling their Local Offer for the area- it is a mammoth task covering all services a SEND family/child might need, we are just a tiny part of the jigsaw. If the LA do not want your Local Offer and have not asked for one, I would not worry.

Our LA asked us to produce one and to put it on our own websites (linked by FIS to their Local Offer website) or in our own portfolios in case anyone ever wants to see them, the LA does not want to see it. It may be that no one ever asks to see it (it would only be if a family effected by SEND wants to check if I would be a suitable CM for them and how I would support them, or if a family already with me finds they are effected with SEND it would inform them.)

In your case, it is the LA who are losing out, not you, as your own CM Local Offer is a contributing element to their total county/area Local Offer.