PDA

View Full Version : Mmr injections

Smileyface
26-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Advice please a parent has asked if I'd take her 12 month old child for her injections as she will be in my care... Is this normal?
Thank you

AliceK
26-09-2014, 09:03 AM
No. It's not something I would agree to do. It is a parents job to do that IMO.

xxx

Koala
26-09-2014, 09:11 AM
No - I would not do it. And I would not expect or even contemplate asking anyone else to take my child for medical appointments. :panic:

alison
26-09-2014, 09:16 AM
I have done many times in 28 years, but the clinic require a letter of authority from the parent to do so.

loocyloo
26-09-2014, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't usually, but depending on child/family and who else I have that day I might. I have taken children for jabs in the past.

Mouse
26-09-2014, 11:44 AM
It would depend on a few factors:

which other children I had
how convenient it was to get to the surgery
did I have anything else planned
did I want to take them
would I feel comfortable doing it
can parents really not do it themselves, or do they just not want the hassle

I do think it's something parents should do themselves, but I have taken children in the past if I really wanted to help the family and if I knew it was difficult for them to arrange it themselves.
If a parent expected me to do it simply because the child was in my care at the time, I'd be very unlikely to do it.

hectors house
26-09-2014, 12:25 PM
I suppose it can be difficult for parents who have to travel quite a way for work as they may have to book a whole morning off but for parents who work locally I would hope that they could pop out of work for half an hour and take children themselves.

FussyElmo
26-09-2014, 01:02 PM
I helped a parent out some years ago because she had booked time off twice but the lo was un well so they couldn't immunise her. Mum couldn't then get the third appointment off so asked if I would take her instead :thumbsup:

Smileyface
26-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Thank you guys she's very new only had her three weeks... I told parent I wasn't comfortable doing that and she was fine nanny will take her instead.
I hate needles myself and my children's father have always taken them :)