PDA

View Full Version : HELP! PRE-REGISTRATION VISIT

Tracie75
25-09-2014, 10:03 AM
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME! I HAVE MY VISIT BOOKED FOR OCTOBER 7TH AND I THINK I AM OVER THINKING EVERYTHING, I HAVE ALL MY POLICIES IN PLACE, JUST NEED TO DO RISK ASSESSMENTS.
I AM REALLY STUCK ON THE EYFS, WHAT PAPERWORK I NEED AND HOW I SHOW THAT I AM DOING EVERYTHING I NEED TO BE DOING.
MY INSPECTOR HAS SAID THAT I SHOULD HAVE THE LASTEST COPY OF EYFS AS SHE WILL BE ASKING QUESTIONS ON EACH SECTION, I SHOULD HAVE ACTIVITIES FOR A 4 YEAR OLS AND A BABY THAT MEETS ALL 7 LEARNING AREAS AND SHOUD READ ABOUT THE WELFARE SIDE OF THINGS, I SHOULD ALSO BE ABLE TO SHOW HER HOW I WILL COMPLETE 2 YEAR CHECKS!!!!!
I AM SO STUCK! MY MIND IS COMPLETLY BLANK AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH I READ ITS JUST NOT SINKING IN:panic:

moggy
25-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Relax, everything you need is in the Preparing for your Registration Visit booklet- work through the questions. You don't need any physical activities laid out you just need to be able to give examples and say why (like a treasure basket for a baby for sensory and exploring PD, cloth book to share for CL and PSED etc and maybe playdough for a 4yo for PD fine motor skills and EAD, simple board games for M etc). Have things out if you want to but no point shopping for stuff that might not be relevant to the children you finally end up minding. See Development Matters for loads of activity ideas in each Area for each age/stage.

2 yr checks- there are lots of blank templates you can use until you are confident enough to work out your own system. Have Early Years Outcomes printed out and familiarize yourself with it, it is not statutory but Inspectors use it so good idea to know your way around it.

You do need to know your safeguarding (that's the welfare stuff), revise your training notes. Make sure you know how to contact your local safeguarding board- have the phone number written down and know your local safeguarding website. Know the signs of abuse and what to do if you have concerns and what to do if anyone accuses you or a member of your family.

Read the EYFS 2014, highlight bits you feel are important or make notes in it about how you are meeting the requirements.

I hope it goes well. Let us know!

Bundle
25-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Don't panic, you sound like you have done lots already :)

Remember you can look at your notes while she's asking you things - it's not like an exam where you have to memorise everything.

Like moggy said, just chug through the stuff you have to do and try not to worry xxx