PDA

View Full Version : Local Park without public Liability

Tiny Tots
24-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Hi,
whilst up dating my risk assessments I have just found out that my local parks play equipment has No Public Liability insurance on it.
My own insurance company say that this is the norm and as I have public liability the children in my care will be covered.
But my dilemma is do I use the park or not? And why should I have to use My insurance for the park not bothering to get their own insurance.
Has anyone else come across this before?

Help Please:panic:
Tiny Tots

mama2three
25-09-2014, 06:17 AM
I wouldn't have expected parks etc to have public liability , am I missing something? Ive never checked tbh , happy enough that my cover is in place!

hectors house
25-09-2014, 07:20 AM
We considered not getting public liability for our toddler group as it's mostly attended by childminders (who have own liability insurance) or the hall has it's own insurance (if it was the building had caused an injury eg: crumbling steps or loose ceiling tiles) but we still pay out over £80 a year for the toddler group liability to make sure that parents / grandparents are insured as we felt it wasn't enough to just say "attend at own risk". £80 is a lot of money for a 2 hour a week toddler group though when my own insurance through MM is only £50.

I wonder if parents using your local parks Tiny tots are aware that the park has no insurance - surely whoever maintains the area and equipment would be liable for accidents eg: if swing chain was damaged and broke with child on it?