PDA

View Full Version : Am I fully qualified?

Elkie Mawdsley
23-09-2014, 08:03 PM
I have just been reading the Ofsted factsheet for the childcare register requirements and saw this:

Childminders and home childcarers must have successfully completed a qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare. Or training in the common core skills as set out in the document ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

The only official course I have completed is the CYPOP5 course - I'm now worried that OFSTED missed something at my pre-reg and I'm not fully qualified?????

FussyElmo
23-09-2014, 08:06 PM
I have just been reading the Ofsted factsheet for the childcare register requirements and saw this:

Childminders and home childcarers must have successfully completed a qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare. Or training in the common core skills as set out in the document ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

The only official course I have completed is the CYPOP5 course - I'm now worried that OFSTED missed something at my pre-reg and I'm not fully qualified?????

Your CYPOP5 is level 2 :-)

Simona
24-09-2014, 07:24 AM

I have a feeling the Common Core of Skills and Knowledge are going to be reintroduced in the level 3...that is why Ofsted is mentioning it
This govt has archived them but they are coming back...totally relevant to the changes in SEND and Education and Health

This is the link to the document ...that I am aware of still referred to at Uni for the Foundation Degree
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20120119192332/http://cwdcouncil.org.uk/assets/0000/9297/CWDC_CommonCore7.pdf