PDA

View Full Version : car lease advice please

julie w
22-09-2014, 09:22 PM
I really need another car asap as my dear Galaxy is really old now. Ive heard about car leasing and I was wondering if anyone does this and what the benefits are compared to buying on finance. I will use it for both business and family. Any advice most appreciated thank you.

hectors house
23-09-2014, 06:33 AM
Sorry don't know which one would be more beneficial to you for putting through books - I think you can put interest for loans through but not sure if that's only if you do the capital depreciation method of accounting for a vehicle or whether you can still do it if you do the 45p a mile.

Chatterbox Childminding would be the person to ask - hopefully she will be on the forum soon.

jackie 7
23-09-2014, 01:51 PM
I am leasing a car, my accountant said I can claim about 80% but depends on how much you use out of work. I am trying to find out about the top up insurance to cover if car is written off, just not sure who to ask.

snortlet
23-09-2014, 03:46 PM
I've never thought of doing this. Jackie if you have a sec please could you advise on the pros and cons and where I can find more info?

jackie 7
23-09-2014, 05:44 PM
My accountant advised me to get a car this way. I am getting a c4 grand picasso from lease4less. you pay an initial amount and then monthly. I got a maintaince package so that added to the monthly bill. I will be paying about£190 a month. I am trying to decide if I want gap insurance so that if the car was damaged beyond repair i would not be liable for the remainder of the lease. You never own the car but you get a new one every few years. This is my first ever car, I always drove a car as a nanny. I need to talk to my accountant to find out if I can claim for diesel.