PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED to consult on 'paid inspections'

Simona
22-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Ofsted to run consultation on paid-for inspection details | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1146836/ofsted-run-consultation-paid-inspection-details?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

hectors house
22-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Ofsted to run consultation on paid-for inspection details | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1146836/ofsted-run-consultation-paid-inspection-details?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

It seems that we jump through hoops as soon as new legislation is announced but Ofsted can't be bothered to do the same, why have they waited until now to run a consultation when this "paying for a re-inspection" was talked about back in March?

sarah707
22-09-2014, 07:48 PM
They said during our last OBC meeting that they were worried about paid for inspections - how they would be used and the expectation that by paying the cm / provider would expect a higher grade ... which of course might well not happen ... and then what backlash they would get from it :/

there were lots of other concerns as well. It's good that they are (finally) asking us what we think:D

Simona
22-09-2014, 07:54 PM
They said during our last OBC meeting that they were worried about paid for inspections - how they would be used and the expectation that by paying the cm / provider would expect a higher grade ... which of course might well not happen ... and then what backlash they would get from it :/

there were lots of other concerns as well. It's good that they are (finally) asking us what we think:D

I agree Sarah...strange that the govt has already included 'paid inspections' in the Children and Family Act but Ofsted have now decided to consult?
Beats any logic really...but who are we to question? :angry:

I shall make sure this is discussed at OBC...it's bound to come up
Hope you are following the NWorld LinkedIn discussion on this...I am slightly concerned too but we will have to wait and see...especially what Ofsted will come up with as to the cost of re-inspecting cms?