PDA

View Full Version : DO wanting paperwork to sign me for funding

mum67
21-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Hi everybody
Could someone please give me an idea as to what paperwork DO will want to see for signing me up for free funding. She is coming on Thursday and all she mentioned was LJ's.
I have my p&p's, portfolio, RA file, a mention of SEND in my equal ops policy, planning/obs file, oh and Learning Journal. Doesn't seem enough knowing my DO.
Any advice appreciated I have tried to look on older posts but couldn't find what I think I'm looking for and got side tracked to another very interesting thread on TC's from rickysmiths. :laughing:
If she starts on about we need to do this that and the other before I can go ahead I will be sending Bunyip round to her for a head slap:D been waiting since registered for this and still no further on after months of waiting. I had it all out last time and she never bothered her a**e to turn up or ring so don't know if it was right then anyway.
Sorry for the long post it's a very bad habit of mine:)

mama2three
22-09-2014, 06:09 AM
Knowing how busy you have been making sure everything is in place for your first inspection I cant see how there could be anything missing - unless your LA have given specific requirements in addition ( which she should have already given you!) ( and we all know isn't supposed to happen anyhow!)

Simona
22-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Hi everybody
Could someone please give me an idea as to what paperwork DO will want to see for signing me up for free funding. She is coming on Thursday and all she mentioned was LJ's.
I have my p&p's, portfolio, RA file, a mention of SEND in my equal ops policy, planning/obs file, oh and Learning Journal. Doesn't seem enough knowing my DO.
Any advice appreciated I have tried to look on older posts but couldn't find what I think I'm looking for and got side tracked to another very interesting thread on TC's from rickysmiths. :laughing:
If she starts on about we need to do this that and the other before I can go ahead I will be sending Bunyip round to her for a head slap:D been waiting since registered for this and still no further on after months of waiting. I had it all out last time and she never bothered her a**e to turn up or ring so don't know if it was right then anyway.
Sorry for the long post it's a very bad habit of mine:)

Mum67...you will have to sign to agree to your LA Code of Practice to draw funding...each LA varies on its name and contents but each LA will have one.
You should have received this document ...or you should be able to find it on their website.....so you know what you are signing to...in my LA we have a contract as part of the deal which I refused to sign...but that is another story!
You could also read the DfE Guidance to LAs on funding providers...arm yourself with facts and point them to your DO...just in case

Please make sure you are prepared before you sign and ready to question your DO...she does not need anything else apart from telling you they can carry out an 'audit' to ensure you are passing the free childcare free at the point of delivery...to see this they can look at how you invoice parents
That means they do not need to look at anything else to do with your business and certainly should not ask you how much you charge ...which some LAs are now requesting.

As others will agree there is only ONE condition to you drawing funding: your Ofsted grade when you eventually get inspected
no other requirement is necessary although we do appreciate LAs wanting to ensure we continue with maintaining high quality etc etc

Oh... I nearly forgot....the latest requirement in addition to grading is we teach 'British values'... Nicky Morgan has been vocal on this...if you fail to teach funding can be taken away! :panic:

Good luck and keep us posted :thumbsup: