PDA

View Full Version : CRB / DBS

Blueeyedminder
19-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Hi I have a CRB which is due to expire in December so obviously needs renewing. Do I just apply for a DBS or is there a certain way of doing it?
Thanks x

moggy
19-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Hi I have a CRB which is due to expire in December so obviously needs renewing. Do I just apply for a DBS or is there a certain way of doing it?
Thanks x

Looking at my CRB certificate- there is no expiry date.

Where do you see an expiry date? or is yours a DBS (the new type)?

Blueeyedminder
19-09-2014, 11:29 AM
You need to renew your crb every 3 years x

moggy
19-09-2014, 11:34 AM

Where did you hear that?
Not wanting to be argumentative, but I do not think this is true and need to check where the guidance/rule is written. It is not in EYFS 2014 and it is not on the CRB certificate itself.

AliceK
19-09-2014, 11:34 AM

Well I'm in trouble then because I've never renewed mine - no-one has ever told me to.

xx

moggy
19-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Well I'm in trouble then because I've never renewed mine - no-one has ever told me to.

xx

Exactly, don't worry. I am sure it is not the case. My CRB is 4 years old, some people have much older ones and some have none at all (if registered before CRBs were invented). There is no requirement I have seen, hence I am asking what blueeyedminder has read about it.

DBSs are different and now have the automatic-update service on them, but for now CRBs do not need to be updated or replaced with DBSs and those with neither (due to pre-CRB reg) do not need to do anything.

Who knows what the future situation will be, but that is nothing for us to worry about now.

Blueeyedminder
19-09-2014, 11:45 AM
It is at the discretion of your employer as to whether they would like your CRB Check to be renewed. Organisations have their own policies as to how often they require their staff to renew their CRB Check. For example, Ofsted require all organisations within the educational sector that are registered with them, to ensure all employees’ CRB Checks are renewed every 3 years. Some organisations require employees to renew their CRB Checks annually.

Blueeyedminder
19-09-2014, 11:47 AM
CSSIW requires childminders to renew theirs every 3 years

AliceK
19-09-2014, 12:01 PM
CSSIW requires childminders to renew theirs every 3 years

Makes sense now we see you are in Wales :thumbsup:

xxx

Blueeyedminder
19-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Makes sense now we see you are in Wales :thumbsup: xxx

Ah yes! Forgot to mention that one! Lol!

tulip0803
19-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi

You need to contact CSSIW and they will send the forms out to you - you can then make an appointment with your regional office to have the ID checked or go to the post office to get them verified. I think it is £6.50 for 3 documents and then send the form and the verification to your CSSIW office.

When it comes back you have to take, or send, the certificate to the CSSIW office so the signatory can view it.

At the moment CSSIW are still paying for them:thumbsup:

Blueeyedminder
19-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Hi You need to contact CSSIW and they will send the forms out to you - you can then make an appointment with your regional office to have the ID checked or go to the post office to get them verified. I think it is £6.50 for 3 documents and then send the form and the verification to your CSSIW office. When it comes back you have to take, or send, the certificate to the CSSIW office so the signatory can view it.

Thank you very much (y) :)

tulip0803
19-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Thank you very much (y) :)

Dim problem:)

Forgot to say the post office needs you to take photocopies and originals to be verified, you then just send the verified photocopies back to CSSIW

Blueeyedminder
19-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Dim problem:) Forgot to say the post office needs you to take photocopies and originals to be verified, you then just send the verified photocopies back to CSSIW

Diolch yn fawr :) x

moggy
19-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Makes sense now we see you are in Wales :thumbsup:

xxx

Ah, you are in Wales? I am in England and there is no requirement here to renew CRBs.

Blueeyedminder
19-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Ah, you are in Wales? I am in England and there is no requirement here to renew CRBs.

Yes I'm in sunny Wales (lol) Ahh right sorry for the confusion!