PDA

View Full Version : Childminding, Baby2 and Childcare!!!!!

gcragg
17-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Hi girls,
I'm really grateful to anyone who reads this and can advise on any of the following.

* I have been childminding since July last year and in Jan got a good "grading"
* I am 33 weeks pregnant and due in November. I will have no children on "my books" from the 2nd October. Ive made no decision of when to return as I don't want to promise a family I can help when I'm not coping myself with two- I just don't know how I'll be with it all.
* I am panicking as to whether I should/can manage returning to childminding
* In the meanwhile I've set up a preschool place for my first child just before he's three, in January- three mornings a week.

I feel I've invested so much love and energy into childminding but just wondering how other childminders have coped with two babes. I've got a preschool place for my little boy but I have feel I'm defeating the object by paying for childcare -when I could just be looking after him. Ive spent lots of time investing in making this a career that can work for me and my family and would seem a shame to stop.

By being a stay at home mum/childminder I thought I'd be doing the best for my child but now I'm just not sure how I'll juggle it all and even if I should try to pick up some work by bringing back one or two once preschool finishes at 12.15pm once my little boy is settled? Have I made a mistake putting him into preschool before nursery at school?

Any thoughts or experience is really appreciated!
Hope this post makes sense, I know I'm waffling away!!!
Gemma

QualityCare
17-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Firstly congratulations, l think you have made the right decision in not giving a date to return/start minding when you feel ready then decide what you want to do you will only be able to have 1 more child with your 2, decide what hours would suit you especially the time you want that child to be gone in the evening and if you want to do a school drop off/collection other than your sons nursery. When l had my children l did not take on another baby as l wanted the baby time with my child only, collecting and taking one from pre-school with your son would be ideal would you really want to be collecting your son and then going out again with your baby and son to do another school run. You are not committed to sending your son to pre-school so change your mind if you want and mind another child nearer his age but don't do school runs they really can bog you down when you want to be at home with your baby, when you decide stick to what you have decided on don't be persuaded into doing something you don't want to do say no and don't take a child for the sake of it the right child will come along. Good luck.