PDA

View Full Version : feeling sick..... parents work far away

Rickers83
17-09-2014, 07:22 AM
As title says, I've not actually been sick but over the last hour have felt increasingly sick & watery mouthed & generally out of sorts
I've got to do school run in a minute & then have 2 los all day. My own DD is very snotty & grumpy too

Thing is parents work an hour away & last time I asked them to collect they took 4 hours!!

How can i word it to ensure they don't take as long this time?

loocyloo
17-09-2014, 07:28 AM
so sorry you feel ill, hope its not too bad.

I would phone parents and say you need children collecting immediately to minimise infection, plus you are not well enough to be looking after children. ask them to arrange collection by their emergency contacts if they can not get there within 1 hour ( or whatever time scale you decide on ... thinking realistically about how far away anyone is ) tell them that you will be contacting emergency contacts yourself if the children are not collected.

hope you feel better soon

xx

Mouse
17-09-2014, 07:55 AM
Sorry to hear you're feeling unwell.

I would plan an easy day with the children - even putting a DVD on if it means you can sit & rest for a bit.

If you are definitely going to close I would do as Loocyloo suggests and phone parents, saying children need collecting within the hour and as they are far away, could they arrange for someone else to collect them.

If you think you can carry on I would text parents saying you're feeling unwell, though haven't been sick yet, but if you are you will need children collecting immediately, so could they warn whoever is closest that they will need to be prepared to come straight out.

Rickers83
17-09-2014, 12:03 PM
I decided to carry on & just warned mum I was feeling rough

Now wish I hadn't, lo has been the most hyper & noisy I've ever seen him wont go down for a sleep & making my already grumpy dd even grumpier!!

Wondering if I've got enough time to ask her to collect before this pm school run?!

VeggieSausage
17-09-2014, 02:18 PM
If I hadn't been sick or had an upset tummy I would carry on, if its only your own child to pick up from school could a friend drop them off?

Rickers83
17-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately not, I have another 5 after school including his brother & untill 5:30/6.
Was thinking I could have reduced numbers (& noise) as my head is still banging.

He must have sensed I felt rubbish ad has done nothing but shout, scream & throw things around all day & went without his usual hour long nap, so no peace at all today 😞