PDA

View Full Version : Appt for children

KatieFS
16-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Rant time!

I Mind a set of twins. Today is the long day 715-630. The last hour can be difficult, especially if they haven't slept, they can very cranky and very short attention span so they tip things out.
Dad drops off this morning and days oh x has appt at 130 so I'll pick up and then drop back off after, I say ok I might have to wake x up as they sleep during this time. He says ok etc

Thinking about it more - how frustrating! They sleep usually 12-2 ish but sometimes till 2.30 and as they are here late I let them sleep as long as they need! Waking her up early will mean she is def grumpy and makes our afternoon very stressy. Nothing I can do about it I suppose but it's given me the hump good and proper vas expecting as times this afternoon.
Would have been nice to have a bit if notice at least, or for them to think Tuesdays are difficult as Katie has a difficult pm.
I'm thinking of cutting it to 6 on Tuesdays as they can be so tough!

gwm
16-09-2014, 03:10 PM
HI Katie, I don't think that there would be anything wrong with you (a) asking parent to make future appointments while the children are awake rather than their sleep time( with a bit of forward planning they should be able to get a time that suits) and (b) highlighting that a 6.30pm pick up seems to be too late for the children....would it be possible to change it to 6.00. The poor babies are working longer than their parents!!!

tess1981
16-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Does the parent work to 6 therefore needs a 6.30 pick up? You might not be able to reduce hours here. I personally would never take on children needing that late. I 5.45 is my absolute latest and . children are cranky enough by 4.30 never mind 2 hours later

hectors house
16-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Did the parent only make the appointment this morning before they arrived or have they known about it for a while? I am always amazed when parents say "X has a hospital or drs appointment today, I'll pick them up and drop them back" as all my parents are part time - why don't they make appointments or get them changed to a day when they are home?