PDA

View Full Version : notice help

Karen1
16-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Hi

I have child today. Currently asleep. Just checked emails and mum sent notice to me as new job and miving away!!!
She has given 31st oct as end date. All fine, but that last week is half term and i would like to spend it with my kids as he is the inly mindee chuld i have that week. !
Do u think it wd b ok to say u will just take munimun 4 weeks notuce and last day is 14th ict?? What do u all think?

Koala
16-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Hi

I have child today. Currently asleep. Just checked emails and mum sent notice to me as new job and miving away!!!
She has given 31st oct as end date. All fine, but that last week is half term and i would like to spend it with my kids as he is the inly mindee chuld i have that week. !
Do u think it wd b ok to say u will just take munimun 4 weeks notuce and last day is 14th ict?? What do u all think?

I would definitely take the opportunity to have the half term with my children only. If I was mum I would totally understand your request. Be honest with mum and tell her your reasoning and if she doesn't see it from your point of view, I would consider her to be unreasonable and a tad selfish!? But if you expect it you won't be dissapointed.

I would definitely adjust the notice period to suite you if you can.

Kiddleywinks
16-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Mum has given more than the required 4 weeks notice - possibly because the half term week is the week they're hoping to move - packing is so much easier without LO's.

I would definitely speak to mum and see if she will agree to finishing earlier, alternatively, you could say to you were already planning on having that week off but was aiming on giving notice of that this week?

QualityCare
16-09-2014, 11:42 AM
I agree mum has been very fair in giving you as much notice as possible she could have left it until the beginning of Oct and just given 4 weeks, just because you want a week off which you hadn't booked as holiday you can't refuse to accept her notice end date how would you feel if she had come in and said l'm giving you two weeks notice would you have accepted that or asked for 4 weeks payment. Be fair say as she is the only child 1/2 term week would it be possible to finish the week before or part way through the week and you would charge accordingly.

Karen1
16-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Just spoke to mum and said if poss could she finish early so i can have half term, but she cant. Oh well, working till end of oct. Just thought it wd b nice as i worked all summer. Thanks for all the replies.

tigwig
16-09-2014, 07:55 PM
I have to say if it was me I would tell mum the contract WILL be coming to an end when you want it to. Why should you have to put yourself out when she is leaving anyway? I wouldn't obviously put it like that to her but I would come up with a scenario and tell her due to unforeseen circumstances you won't be able to offer care for that week.

Blueeyedminder
16-09-2014, 08:53 PM
How much notice is on contract? You could end the contract yourself that is always an option. So long as you stick to the notice terms in your contract x

Mouse
16-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Could you find another childminder who could have the child for half term week, like you might for any holiday you take?

If you had planned to take that week as holiday and as the family are leaving, I would be tempted to try to make alternative arrangements for them.

Karen1
17-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Hi. Notice period is 4 weeks. My back up childminder has just had baby, so cant ask her.

I am annoyed, but am going to just deal with it. Not worth the hassle of making the next few weeks awkward.

Thanks anyway for advice. Hopefully it will b ok. Just feeling for my boys. Plus it will work out as my dad has just been diagnosed with cancer and i was going to have to cut down soon, so all works out. I can keep tbe others i was thinking of giving notice to-judt glad i didnt in end, or would have no money coming in. Just annoyed. Oh well, only another 24 sessions with child.