PDA

View Full Version : Student Placement

jillplum
14-09-2014, 10:53 AM
I have emailed Ofted and Pacey but thought someone on here might answer sooner lol. I have been asked to take a 16 year old on placement unpaid for one hour a week. What do I need to do? I will inform parents of course and she will not be left al8ne with children at any time.
thanks x

sarah707
14-09-2014, 05:58 PM
I delivered some in house safeguarding training ... signed my assistant in and out ... wrote a RA and gave her little responsibilities like planning a new game or making playdough with the little ones - she was great! :D

jillplum
15-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the repky Sarah. Did you have to ask ofsted? Or insurance etc?
x

jillplum
17-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Just had an email from ofsted to say she will need to have ey2 form and dbs etc. This will be may too expensive for one hour a week! I dont know what to do. Any ideas?

Simona
17-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Just had an email from ofsted to say she will need to have ey2 form and dbs etc. This will be may too expensive for one hour a week! I dont know what to do. Any ideas?

I had a student last year for 2 weeks and contacted Ofsted...sad to hear their advice to you is the opposite to mine :angry:

Ofsted told me she did not need a DBS but I was advised to do a RA and she was never on her own with the children
The people who are placing her should be able to clarify this for you as you are not responsible for the DBS...they will know the procedures

make sure the student reads some policies especially the use of phone and camera...also others are useful for her to be aware of
If she needs photos as proof of her placement you take them on your camera then send to her with parents' permission
Mine had to do observations so I got that permission as well

Hope you get it sorted !

mama2three
17-09-2014, 04:17 PM
I have done student placements before - and was also told crbs etc were not needed as the student would never be alone with the child. . All I needed in place was employe liability insurance , which comes as standard with MM policies and costs a nominal extra amount with pacey ( unless this has recently changed)