PDA

View Full Version : MPs propose nursery schools should become academies to secure funding

Simona
10-09-2014, 12:58 PM
I am more than sure this is the silly season...I am not sure what they are on about?
Our new childcare Minister seems to live in another world as well :angry:

MPs propose academy status for nursery schools | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1146480/mps-propose-academy-status-nursery-schools?utm_content=buffer51530&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer)

rickysmiths
10-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Must have been the super Full Moon the other night!!!

Do they mean School Nurseries? If they do then when the school they are in, like my husbands, they will be part of the Academy the school became on 1st Sept. because they are a class in the school.

Do they mean Private Nurseries and Chains? Well they are not Schools so how can they become an Academy and why would they want to be any more than Eaton or Harrow?!

Simona
10-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Must have been the super Full Moon the other night!!!

Do they mean School Nurseries? If they do then when the school they are in, like my husbands, they will be part of the Academy the school became on 1st Sept. because they are a class in the school.

Do they mean Private Nurseries and Chains? Well they are not Schools so how can they become an Academy and why would they want to be any more than Eaton or Harrow?!

I think they mean PVI nurseries because nurseries in schools have 'guaranteed' funding?
So what can CMs apply to be?

this proposal is so divisive at a time we need cohesion :mad:

rickysmiths
10-09-2014, 03:26 PM
So Pre Schools.