PDA

View Full Version : Emergency /ad hoc childcare

KateA
10-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi, does any one offer this service? Do you charge more per hour or your normal rate?

I have been thinking of offering it e.g. to cover other childminders holl/sickness etc but at slightly higher rate per hour. I charge £4 normally and thought £6 or £7 with payment taken at time of booking and no refunds if canceled to save myself being messed around what to you do?

shortstuff
10-09-2014, 12:48 PM
I do offer ad hoc and emergency cover provided I have the space. This also applies to current families who need additional hours. I charge £3.50 normally but £4 for these short notice hours.

I would say however that it is your business and need to price yourself according to the market around you. :thumbsup:

AliceK
10-09-2014, 02:42 PM
I offer it, I have quite a few adhoc children who either come to me when their current childminder is off or older ones who come to me for school inset days / hols etc.
I charge a higher hourly rate but only .50p more.

xxx

natlou82
11-09-2014, 05:29 AM
I also have a few AdHoc children, it helps fill my spaces during school holidays when my TTOs are off. I don't charge a higher price, just payment required on booking the space :-)