PDA

View Full Version : L&D requirements for infrequent attender

JoRo163
10-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Had a new child start this week, almost 2 year old who will only be attending very infrequently. Two day this week and at a guess maybe 2 or 3 more times before Christmas, if that! They are ad-hoc so no definite dates or place held open.

I've identified her starting points and highlighted a couple of activities for next steps. Would you do a full learning journey? I'm thinking of doing just an a5 sized book with a few notes & pics in, as I'm not expecting to see her that often! Am I thinking along the right lines?

KateA
10-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Hi, I have just been speaking to my local early years team in Norwich about ad hoc childcare requirements and was advised I would not need to do a learning journal at all, no observations etc sounds great no paperwork

x

sarah707
12-09-2014, 07:10 PM
what you are doing sounds great! You will be able to show lots of evidence of progress over the months :D

Simona
13-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Hi, I have just been speaking to my local early years team in Norwich about ad hoc childcare requirements and was advised I would not need to do a learning journal at all, no observations etc sounds great no paperwork

x

Kate A....In a way they are correct...there is no requirement to do a Learning Journal...that word is not mentioned in the EYFS
What is required is a 'good quality' summary of children's progress and the 2 year old Progress check is a requirement if the EYFS we need to fulfil

We can call these reports what we like...portfolio...records of achievements or LJ....but it is not he name that matters is the fact it is a requirement to provide info to the parents
I would go back to your LA and ask the person to show you where she has seen that LJ...or whatever...are not required

JoRo...yes you do need to do some sort of reporting based on the fact the child attends part time

Good luck