PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant childminder-advice

serin
09-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Hi all, I am pregnant (only 9weeks+2 days) and I am just wondering if any of you have been in this boat? When did you tell parents and what did you say? I guess their question will be what I plan to do when I give birth etc. I currently have day timers and after schoolers.

LizP
09-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Hi there
I'm sorry I'm not going to be much help but I will be following this as I expect to be in the same position in the future and always wondered how long people took and if they got the same maternity rights/pay as if you were employed.

If you are planning only a short break could you arrange cover with fellow minders whilst your off?

X

Elkie Mawdsley
10-09-2014, 07:06 AM
hello and congratulations.

I found out I was pregnant just a few weeks after signing on my first parents. As it was so soon after their contracts I did pretty much tell them straight away as I didn't want them thinking I had tricked them into signing with me - but had I have been minding for a while - I probably would have waited til 12 weeks.

One set of parents decided to change minders as they were worried cover wouldn't be available at the time, but the other was absolutely fine (probably helped that she had struggled to find someone to accept their hours in the first place).

I have advised I will try and find cover - but there is no guarentee I will be able to do this for them. I have passes on the local FID info too.

Good luck xx