PDA

View Full Version : babysitting

hummingbird2014
09-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Hi all
just a quickie I'm pre-reg CM awaiting the call from MRS O anytime now and I have had an enquiry from a parent for babysitting. What contracts would you use? would you use MM ones for childminding or soothing you made up? This is something to keep me going as starting to become deflated with the registration stuff. Also is there anything you would take e.g. policies etc...? I don't think i need RAs as its in there own home. Just wanted to make sure.
TIA

Simona
09-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Babysitting does not require any contract and it is not in Ofsted's remit

See this latest update from Ofsted on p6

https://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-registration-not-required

hummingbird2014
09-09-2014, 09:04 AM
thanks simona
I was looking at a professional business point of view like if any disputes happen or something were to happen e.g. child fell out of bed and hit his head kinda thing

NinkyNonk
09-09-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm just started childminding in the last week, I have a 1 and 3 year old. Obviously they are still settling in (they come 3 days a week) so I'm pretty much doing free play to guage their interests etc. However, when I have tried an activity (drawing) it lasted all of a minute before it was over. I expected that from the 1 year old but though the older one would stay longer (she was really excited about doing it - we were making placemats for them). If I sit to play something, they want to do something else very quickly. I seem to be just running after them, not doing the leading.

I'm still seeing what their interests are - at the moment they are just playing with everything, no preferences. What the mum tells me they love at home, they haven't bothered with here yet.

Maybe I'm over thinking this....I just feel like I'm not doing my job properly. :-(

NinkyNonk
09-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Sorry I'm not sure how I managed to put this here but not sure how to delete it? Can anyone help please?

hummingbird2014
09-09-2014, 10:51 AM
dont lorry about it

muffins
09-09-2014, 12:28 PM
I don't do contracts for babysitting but you could sign a sort of agreement outlining what each party is expected to do?

hummingbird2014
09-09-2014, 05:22 PM
muffins do you have a copy i could possibly have a nose at? I have a meeting on thurs and was thinking of taking my certs e.g. 1st aid dbs checks and my policy on safeguarding and an all about me booklet. or is this OTT?

muffins
09-09-2014, 08:20 PM
No sorry I don't actually do one myself. Maybe go through a childminding contract, probably mostly the small print and pick bits out, adapt and use that?

I'm babysitting now in fact, little ones (well not so little) fast asleep, I think!

Tealady
09-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Hummingbird, for babysitting I would say that's a bit OTT especially as you are still waiting on your registration.

I would take DBS and First aid.

I babysit for families who aren't mindees. I have also put together a form to capture the following info.

Child's name and DOB
Parent(s)/carer(s) name and mobile numbers

Detail of the venue where they are going and it's landline

Emergency / backup contact

Medical conditions of child
Medication details for child

Care plan i.e. if feeding details of what and when, bedtime routine, how to settle child if they wake etc.

This helps you look professional and makes sure you have all the info you need.

If the child is a baby requiring nappy changes and feeds I make a note of these to leave with the parents for their information.

hummingbird2014
10-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Tealady that is what i was looking for thank you so so so much!! xxx