PDA

View Full Version : Food Standards leaflet about new ALLERGENS LEGISLATION

moggy
06-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Allergen information for loose foods(2.07 MB)
Advice on the new Food Information Regulations for small and medium food businesses (June 2014)

Can't get a link to work but just google it and yu find it straight away.

'Allergens Information for loose Foods'
This is the clearest advise I have seen about this new Allergens Legislation.
It is a leaflet from Food Standards written for small/medium food businesses and states it suits schools and care homes so I think it is the closest we are going to get to being relevant for CMers.

It is clear from this we do NOT need to be writing out lists of menus and ingredients, if we do not want to. We need to be able to VERBALLY state what is in our food. It has raised my awareness of keeping track of what I have used in my cooking each day, or bought/eaten when out and about, and being able to tell parents IF ASKED.

AgentTink
06-09-2014, 07:24 PM
thanks for this moggy.

For anyone who wants the link it can be found at the bottom of this link:
Providing allergen information for non pre-packed foods | food.gov.uk (http://www.food.gov.uk/business-industry/guidancenotes/labelregsguidance/nonprepacked)

moggy
06-09-2014, 07:44 PM
thanks for this moggy.

For anyone who wants the link it can be found at the bottom of this link:
Providing allergen information for non pre-packed foods | food.gov.uk (http://www.food.gov.uk/business-industry/guidancenotes/labelregsguidance/nonprepacked)

Thank you AgentTink, and the poster right at the bottom of that page is a nice easy one to go in a reference folder or portfolio- it sums it up beautifully and no mention of needing to write out menu ingredients lists!

Think Allergy(529.81 KB)
Poster for caterers selling loose (non pre-packed) food (June 2014)

loocyloo
06-09-2014, 07:46 PM
thank you x

miffy
06-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Thank you Moggy - stopped me throwing my dummy out of the pram at the thought of yet more paperwork that no-one would probably ever read or want!

Miffy xx

Rachel6
07-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Thank you,not in panic mode now :-)

Mouse
07-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Thanks Moggy and AT. It's really quite straight forward from the leaflet.

I think a big advantage for us is that we usually know what allergies the child has, so would avoid certain foods anyway. It might prove helpful though if a child develops a new allergy as we'll possibly be more aware of what they've eaten. I currently keep a daily record of any food I provide, so all I'll do is add a note about any allergens.