PDA

View Full Version : My longest future enquiry came today

tulip0803
05-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Mum "What times are you open?"
Me knowing she has a DD at school that goes to an unregistered minder "Depends what people want? How old is she?"
Mum "Oh it's not for her but I am thinking of trying for a baby and want to know if there is childcare before I start!"
Me "Oh well umm most of the LO's I have will have started school by next year. I can have 3 under 5 and 3 over."
Mum "So there is a chance then? Good."
Me "Well good luck!":laughing:

This is the best friend of one of my current families

Mouse
05-09-2014, 08:21 PM
lol!

I had a mindee leave yesterday. Mum & I were having a chat and she said she'll definitely come back to me when she has another baby. I asked if they were planning it any time soon and she said yes, probably within the next few years! I would love to keep a space, but don't think it's going to be possible!

hectors house
06-09-2014, 11:44 AM
20+ years ago I was already looking after 2 children under 5 and had a baby booked in to start in Sept (about 4 months time), one of the mums said they were trying for another baby and I knew I wouldn't have space for it (Social Services didn't do continuity of care for siblings back then), so I ended up letting down the mum with the new baby saying I had medical problems and needed to cut back, couldn't tell her the truth as they were all teachers working together. Luckily the other mum did get pregnant quite quickly.

I did find the baby a new childminder but the mum never spoke to me after that - was a bit tricky a couple of years ago when my youngest daughter (then aged 16) went out with her son (aged 18) for about 6 months! :D

tulip0803
09-09-2014, 09:55 AM
There's something in the air or possibly the water - another pre-conception enquiry/warning from one of my Mums. Never had it before and 2 in a week!:eek:

loocyloo
09-09-2014, 09:04 PM
a parent of a current child was at a wedding recently and the bride was saying she couldn't wait to have a baby, and when she did, and it was time to go back to work, babe was coming to me :laughing: current parent asked if bride had spoken to me, and apparently I'm top of her list to things to do once she is home from her honeymoon !!! :laughing: