PDA

View Full Version : Brother and sister need 2 contracts???

ja-lula-belli
05-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Hi all I am taking on a brother and sister ( my childrens friends) only for one day a week for 4 weeks while I cover for another childminders maternity.
Do I need to use 2 contracts, one for each or can I use only one as it's such a short time thing?

moggy
05-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Normally I would do 1 Pacey contract each but for such a short time, with money in advance, I would probably just do my own basic contract for both.

mum67
05-09-2014, 06:52 PM
The MM allows 2 at a time on theirs so you should be ok with the one for both.

rickysmiths
05-09-2014, 07:12 PM
I would use the Pacey Short Term Contract for each of them. You also need child info forms for each and permissions for each.

A day, a month, a year Ofsted expect us to have the same information.

tulip0803
05-09-2014, 07:30 PM
I have a simple contract that I use for short term - the Pacey one is for English childminders and they don't do a Welsh short-term contract. I do one contract per child. I use Pacey contracts for permanent children

Standard 2 of the NMS states that:

2.1 - A written contract is agreed with parents, setting out the expectations of both parties about the care of the child, activities provided and business arrangements.

2.2 - The written contract must include the terms and conditions, including information about:
Arrival and collection
Sickness
Administration of medication
Holidays
Dietary needs
Emergency procedures
Policy on behaviour management and sanctions
Financial matters and fees (if any)
Equal opportunities policy
Complaints

I point the policies out on the contract and get the parent to sign and say they have read and understood them.

I also do all other paperwork on each child and money paid in advance