PDA

View Full Version : Eeeekkk, Registration visit is booked for Tuesday!! :)

Babysands
05-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Nicci and i have been in the process of registering to be a childminder since April. I have been working very hard and the end is now within reach. Today i received a call from the lovely lady that will be inspecting me on tuesday at 10am, she was very friendly and we had a good chat.

I am extremely excited, but also very nervous too as i don't really know what to expect. I was just wondering whether any of you lovelies would be able to offer me any kind words of advice or any tips for my big day :)

Thank you!! :)

Nicci xx

Vikki5531
06-09-2014, 06:04 AM
Hi Everyone, My name is Nicci and i have been in the process of registering to be a childminder since April. I have been working very hard and the end is now within reach. Today i received a call from the lovely lady that will be inspecting me on tuesday at 10am, she was very friendly and we had a good chat. I am extremely excited, but also very nervous too as i don't really know what to expect. I was just wondering whether any of you lovelies would be able to offer me any kind words of advice or any tips for my big day :) Thank you!! :) Nicci xx

Hi Nicci,

My registration visit was in July and I found it a really positive experience!

As soon as the Ofsted lady walked through my door she put me at ease, asking if I had any children lined up, and confirmed she would get me registered as soon as possible :)

I made her a cup of tea and we just sat on the sofa and was having a chat and going through the questions in the 'Preparing for your Ofsted visit' booklet - I was also able to ask Mrs O questions of my own and she gave me lots of ideas for my setting :)

My visit was only 2 hours and I wish I hadn't got myself all worked up beforehand - I hardly slept the night before!

Good luck with your registration visit and let us know how it goes xx

Babysands
09-09-2014, 08:34 PM
I have passed!!! It wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined, the lady was very lovely and have me lots of great advice :) can't wait to get started!! Does anyone know how long it takes for the certificate to arrive? Xx

Rebecca Foster
10-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Hi Nicci..... you will be absolutely fine. Just be yourself... do your research and keep calm (if you can)lol :)

Vikki5531
10-09-2014, 07:00 PM
I have passed!!! It wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined, the lady was very lovely and have me lots of great advice :) can't wait to get started!! Does anyone know how long it takes for the certificate to arrive? Xx

Yay well done! I received my certificate within about 10 days :) xx

Bumble Beez
11-09-2014, 03:48 AM
Well done :clapping:
My certificate took 5 days following getting the go ahead :)

Sarah x