PDA

View Full Version : Childs last day :)

Smileyface
05-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Morning guys just looking for some ideas i have my first child leaving Monday he's going on to big school what do you do for last days?
I'll still have him in the holidays :)
Thank you x

loocyloo
05-09-2014, 06:47 AM
I ask child what they would like to do ... I had 2 going to big school and still coming in hols .. 1 wanted to feed ducks and have morning tea out and the other wanted to draw and paint at home and go to the park.
I bought both named pencils for a little pressie. X

Mouse
05-09-2014, 07:06 AM
I had one leave yesterday. We had a completely free play day with them doing exactly what they wanted. The children spent most of the day playing in the garden with all their favourite toys.

At lunch time we had a big party food picnic - pizza, sausage rolls, crisps...even chocolate cake! Then we gave her some cards the children had made and a couple of presents I'd got her.

kellib
05-09-2014, 07:10 AM
I had one leave for school in summer, I let her decide what we did that day and what we had for lunch etc.

She chose the cinema (kids am!) an indoor picnic lunch and soft play in the afternoon :)

bunyip
05-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Morning guys just looking for some ideas i have my first child leaving Monday he's going on to big school what do you do for last days?
I'll still have him in the holidays :)
Thank you x

In my case, I nearly blew a fuse. :mad:

Parents "assumed" I'd do a party for their fussy little princess. They provided a list of party food she'd like and another list of her friends (not mindees) I should invite. Dad even thought he was being helpful by mentioning he had a mate who'd "do me a deal" on a bouncy castle or petting ponies. :eek:

Tbf, a couple of my other mindees/grandchildren wanted to celebrate the fact she'd be leaving (and for a different school to theirs, too.) :laughing:

smurfette
05-09-2014, 10:46 AM
In my case, I nearly blew a fuse. :mad: Parents "assumed" I'd do a party for their fussy little princess. They provided a list of party food she'd like and another list of her friends (not mindees) I should invite. Dad even thought he was being helpful by mentioning he had a mate who'd "do me a deal" on a bouncy castle or petting ponies. :eek: Tbf, a couple of my other mindees/grandchildren wanted to celebrate the fact she'd be leaving (and for a different school to theirs, too.) :laughing:

Yes the parents who gave me notice while I was on holidays last year out of the blue to move him to a nursery arrived with a bag of party food and requested I took lots of photos! Thought it was a bit cheeky to be honest! Not as bad as yours though bunyip!

mrsb79
05-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Wow just wow can't believe some of the requests you have had from parents !!! Think if any of mine were to be like that I would say I'm doing what I'm doing you can hold a party of your own at your house cheeky beggars.
I like others allow them to choose what we do on their last day and I buy a small gift x

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

Koala
05-09-2014, 12:53 PM
In my case, I nearly blew a fuse. :mad:

Parents "assumed" I'd do a party for their fussy little princess. They provided a list of party food she'd like and another list of her friends (not mindees) I should invite. Dad even thought he was being helpful by mentioning he had a mate who'd "do me a deal" on a bouncy castle or petting ponies. :eek:

Tbf, a couple of my other mindees/grandchildren wanted to celebrate the fact she'd be leaving (and for a different school to theirs, too.) :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I think I would be doing cart wheels (with my one leg!) down the street once they'd left. Petting ponies - my :censored:

bunyip
06-09-2014, 09:52 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I think I would be doing cart wheels (with my one leg!) down the street once they'd left. Petting ponies - my :censored:

Yeah. Bad enough all the local cats, dogs and other assorted flea-farms cr4pping on the lawn: but a pony in pink ribbons??!!??:p :eek:

Tbh, I don't mind genuine requests (ie. the ones that permit me to say "no" without anyone 'taking offence'). It's the expectation that I'll comply to someone's demands that I dislike. :mad: