PDA

View Full Version : Oh My..That'll teach me for relaxing over the summer

JCrakers
04-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Arrrgghhhh...Ive got so much to do, feeling swamped!!

EYFS to check through although I did do this earlier
2 new babies starting so 2 new LJs and starting points
3 LJs to update
Trackers to update
observations to writeup
photos to print
2x 2yr checks to start as HV is integrating and I have to feed back to a group
3 progress reports to do
CPD to update
SEF to look at and adapt
Need to complete my safeguarding course online
Not done any tax since June..argghh

I need a darkened room so sit in :panic:

green4lynn
04-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Apart from the 2 babies being 2 yr olds, that list is about the same for me!!!! And people think all we do is play and drink coffee!!!!!!! Xx

mrs robbie williams
04-09-2014, 12:12 PM
sounds like my list plus got mindee leaving in four weeks so need to update and sort of learning journey
plus got deadline of 18th sept to finish my level 3 :panic::panic::panic:
problem is when they have all gone home i have no motivation to do any paperwork :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Daisy1956
04-09-2014, 12:52 PM
I thought it was me. I has such good intentions but seem to have lost motivation over the last few weeks. Need to update all LJs and do some planing for next few months.

Maza
04-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Me too! I deliberately didn't do any paperwork over Summer other than dairies. Thought I would use today to make a start as it is my first day with no kids but all I have done is tidy the whole flat - got rid of Summer projects etc and have been shopping. School run in 10 minutes so not even looked at paperwork. At least I've got rid of some clutter I suppose. x

JCrakers
05-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Good :) Glad its not just me who's let go for a while :panic:

Need to get back in the driving seat.

This week (first week back to school) has been really hard work after nearly 7 weeks off.

samb
05-09-2014, 07:41 AM
I am not sure how I will catch up! We moved house on the first day of the holidays and my assistant starts work with me on Monday so not only have I been updating p and ps and risk assessments for new house but also taking on new children ready for when assistant starts so been doing lots of meeting sessions, contract signing and settling sessions over the summer. I have 5 new EY children starting and although printed off all paperwork for their ljs I need to do their starting points. Plus I've 2 new school children. As well as all the old children. I haven't updated any ljs over the summer. I have sorted them into piles of new, update for July/August and I have a couple I haven't done since June as well. Looks like I'm in for a busy day (it's my child-less day)

mum67
05-09-2014, 01:27 PM
I have spent the last 2 days with a spring clean whirlwind, house felt like it was caving in on me, no one was putting away after them, bedrooms were like squats, as soon as I sent them off to school on Wednesday I was like a speed freak on red bull.

Then looked at all my paperwork and realised hadn't updated some of it so that all came back out to double check all documents etc. Lost a piece of paper I had only just printed and couldn't find it anywhere, I shaked, rattled and rolled all those files and it didn't fall out only to find it yesterday when putting another printed sheet in it's place (in the file exactly where it should be in the pocket) now why didn't I look there. I don't even remember slotting it in only printing it.

Now after seeing your list I am looking through again to check not missed anything.

This has made me realise I am working 5 days a week when start up properly but one of them is for paperwork, cleaning, sorting resources and accounts.

It just never ends does it?:(

mum67
05-09-2014, 01:35 PM
The school holidays really kicks the stuffing out of routine doesn't it? My children won't know their rooms or the house when they get home. But the moment one of them drops a bag on the floor, a coat on the table, a pair of shoes on the living room floor you will all know as the forum will shake with my scream of "MOVE IT NOW, DO YOU THINK I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN CLEAN AND TIDY BEHIND YOU, NAG,NAG,NAG,RANT,RANT,NAG,MOAN (catch my breath) NAG,MOAN.:blush: