PDA

View Full Version : Half the grants for new childcare goes unclaimed

Simona
03-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Any new registering cms ...do not forget to claim your grant
It is not a lot but it will help

Early years entrepeneurs urged to apply for start-up grant | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1146352/entrepeneurs-urged-apply-start-grant?utm_content=&utm_campaign=03.09.14%20NW%20Update&utm_source=Nursery%20World&utm_medium=adestra_email&utm_term=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nurseryworld.co.uk%2Fnur sery-world%2Fnews%2F1146352%2Fentrepeneurs-urged-apply-start-grant)

gwm
03-09-2014, 01:28 PM
I wonder if they could backdate it 15 years?? :laughing:

mum67
03-09-2014, 04:27 PM
If it's the £250 one I applied and got it after Sarah707 let me know about it. It is a big help.

Simona
03-09-2014, 05:33 PM
If it's the £250 one I applied and got it after Sarah707 let me know about it. It is a big help.

That's the one...it was announced with great fanfare by Truss and her replacement at the DfE is now advertising it again
Somewhere in the Forum archives the link to it is there
Some cms can get £500...I think if they intend to look after disabled children and if they have larger settings

This is what PLA have said about it today...spot on !!

https://www.pre-school.org.uk/sectornews/189/government-extends-childcare-business-grant-scheme-deadline?dm_i=1LR1,2RTML,BA72IB,A37V3,1

mum67
03-09-2014, 11:05 PM
When I went into childminding 15 years ago (I left to work in a shop for my sister in law) we got everything free, PLI, membership to NCMA (now PACEY I believe), a grumpy box, first aid was part of the course which I think was either 3 or 5 days long and everything was rushed through if you was like me and ask a lot of questions they didn't have time to answer many and had to move on. My home was checked for latches at top of doors to stop lo's being nosey, stair gate and fireguard and fire blanket and away you went you was a childminder.
I thought it was frightening of how quick the course was and still did up to the other week when I realised I passed this course in pretty much the same time only it was stretched out over months to seem longer. But I am happier knowing the DBS, a proper 1st aid course has to be done, safeguarding children is covered and all the other stringent tests and red tape to become a childminder are in place for the safety of the children.

We could hire double buggies for £6 a week and buy it later at a reduced cost if we wished, I think when the new tax year was due.

How things have changed. I was told we have to pay for everything now because of cuts and to stop people doing the course but not taking up the career and so wasting money but now I wonder if the costs are to put us off and lead the way for an independent childminding free world and opening the doors to big brother led agencies instead as an only option to childminding.

Bundle
04-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Oooooh, spooky!
I remembered someone mentioning this a couple of months ago and applied for it this afternoon, and THEN I read about it on this thread......