PDA

View Full Version : LAs 'Conditions of funding' for cms

Simona
03-09-2014, 08:20 AM
I am aware that LAs have different conditions and different expectation of cms when it comes to drawing funding for 2, 3 and 4 year olds

I am also aware that the 'only' condition the DfE has stipulated is that CMs should be either Good or Outstanding ...BUT...
some LAs accept Requires Improvement grades ....as long as the cms show they are working towards improvement

What I would like to find out is if any LA also stipulates that CMs cannot do funding 'solely for 2 year olds'

I have contacted the DfE on this and also the organisation which has been commissioned by the DfE to ensure LAs are preparing for the 2 year olds scheme....today I have to speak to them
I have also attended several training sessions to be informed on this scheme but have never come across a mention that it is not possible to just draw funding for 2 year olds

If you have encountered this condition I would be interested to hear what the conditions are for you ...no need to mention your LA or names

Thank you

Kiddleywinks
03-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Not able to confirm or deny this unfortunately as my LA is still putting additional conditions on childminders to claim ANY funding, despite having it clarified by the DofE that they shouldn't be!

Simona
04-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Not able to confirm or deny this unfortunately as my LA is still putting additional conditions on childminders to claim ANY funding, despite having it clarified by the DofE that they shouldn't be!

Thank you Kiddleywinks
I was expecting lots of replies from cms ....so I assume there are few problems when CMs want to access funding and they are not worried by the conditions imposed on them

I will be speaking to A2YO this morning and my LA will contact me later on today...that will be fun :rolleyes:

AgentTink
04-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Our LA doesnt state that we cant do funding for solely for 2 year olds, and at present I have 2 children claiming 2 year old funding but already know that they wont be wanting 3 year old funding as they will get a place at the local pre-school at that point. My LA has never said that in order to offer the 2 year old funding I must also offer 3 year old funding.

Simona
04-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Our LA doesnt state that we cant do funding for solely for 2 year olds, and at present I have 2 children claiming 2 year old funding but already know that they wont be wanting 3 year old funding as they will get a place at the local pre-school at that point. My LA has never said that in order to offer the 2 year old funding I must also offer 3 year old funding.

I remember you were very proactive about removing conditions on cms a few months back

The conditions imposed will be in their Local Conditions of offer or contract and they vary from LA to LA...maybe yours does not ask that
what you say about your 2 yo not needing care at 3 is exactly my argument but I said I would consider it if ...wherever they went... was suitable for me to pick up from...apparently not good enough!

it would have been easier to refer my query to the guy who used to deal with this at the DfE ...David something...if he was still there but he has moved on I learnt today

Anyway ...I have spoken to A2YO this morning...had a talk with my LA...got an email from them and got contacted by the Sustainability officer who is going to look into this

No one I spoke to answered my question as to whether the LAs can add conditions apart from the grading which is the only requirement...so it means waiting again.