PDA

View Full Version : CMs..are you interested in sharing your practice with other providers?

Simona
02-09-2014, 08:42 AM
If so please see the link posted by Laura Henry...who also runs #EYTalking...in the ICMs LinkedIn page

https://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=5190801&type=member&item=5912192087213772802&qid=7ac70a82-6a1f-45ee-8106-c1e5be359e9c&trk=groups_most_recent-0-b-ttl&goback=%2Egmr_5190801

Laura is looking to add cms to her list of those who will open their settings to other for sharing practice and pedagogy and is linked to CPD

mama2three
02-09-2014, 09:09 AM
not on linkdin or any of the other social media sites .
Almost everyone on here already shares our practice with other childminders - I aso have pacey local , buddying schemes etc. Its a massive undertaking for laura to organise this nationally , its hard enough to match cms strengths to others needs even on a small scale locally!

Simona
02-09-2014, 09:37 AM
not on linkdin or any of the other social media sites .
Almost everyone on here already shares our practice with other childminders - I aso have pacey local , buddying schemes etc. Its a massive undertaking for laura to organise this nationally , its hard enough to match cms strengths to others needs even on a small scale locally!

I totally see where you are coming from
My personal view is that we can offer support via social media but this is going into other settings...including cms ...and seeing practice at work
It will not be to everyone's taste to join but many are expressing interest

We can support others with our ideas and ways of doing things but seeing practice in action is different...my view of course
Ofsted states that the practice of those awarded an outstanding grade is worth dissiminating and this could be a way of doing so...although I don't think grades matter in what this scheme is trying to do

Those who used to support newly registering cms...I did... will know that you can show as much paperwork as you like but it is also useful to see how providers put that in practice
I was also part of the ncma local in my area ...so have tried both

I am all for social media if that helps but I fear we are losing the face-to-face contact and actual interaction and info sharing that takes place then
I know Reggio opens its settings to providers who wish to view their practice first hand? why not do it here?

Those who join this scheme do so voluntarily...I think it is worth giving it a go and I will be interested in the results from those who participate

mum67
03-09-2014, 09:45 AM
I totally see where you are coming from
My personal view is that we can offer support via social media but this is going into other settings...including cms ...and seeing practice at work
It will not be to everyone's taste to join but many are expressing interest

We can support others with our ideas and ways of doing things but seeing practice in action is different...my view of course
Ofsted states that the practice of those awarded an outstanding grade is worth dissiminating and this could be a way of doing so...although I don't think grades matter in what this scheme is trying to do

Those who used to support newly registering cms...I did... will know that you can show as much paperwork as you like but it is also useful to see how providers put that in practice
I was also part of the ncma local in my area ...so have tried both

I am all for social media if that helps but I fear we are losing the face-to-face contact and actual interaction and info sharing that takes place then
I know Reggio opens its settings to providers who wish to view their practice first hand? why not do it here?

Those who join this scheme do so voluntarily...I think it is worth giving it a go and I will be interested in the results from those who participate

I don't know why Simona but when you put your little "my view of course" it always makes me chuckle a little:)

mum67
03-09-2014, 09:48 AM
I like this idea, thanks Simona I will have a look at this once the kettle has boiled and I have a nice cuppa to nurse me into reading mode :)
Think it is good for us newbies we are always looking to improve our setting and welcome ideas. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much

Simona
03-09-2014, 12:31 PM
I don't know why Simona but when you put your little "my view of course" it always makes me chuckle a little:)

The reason for that is 'interpretation' and how I read things so I always add it is my view

The EYFS 2008 left no one in doubt as to what we were required to do and inspections used to be a fairly pleasant affair...some hated that framework ...some burnt it and some like me treasure it still and refer to it at times

Then came the EYFS 2012...which summarised or 'hacked' the 2008 version in edu speak and missed its approach...as does the 2014 version...and left everyone to their own interpretation in many areas...see variations as an example...planning, assessment and policies...some have dozens others not as many
It has also left many cms fearful of Ofsted when there is no reason to be if you can get confident in engaging with them

We read many opinions and rivers of words have been written about this and that and the other but... in the end... it is you left to explain to the inspector on the day how you practice and why your children are meeting the EY outcomes...

my view of course...had to add it here too!!! :thumbsup: