PDA

View Full Version : Eyfs profile report for school

jadavi
01-09-2014, 09:40 AM
I thought we had to send this profile up with the rising five child on their school settling in visits (makes sense)
But p14 of the new eyfs says to complete this profile for every child in my setting who is aged five by the final term of the year.
That means all the four year olds who have had funded hours with me don't have to have a profile from me till they go from reception to year I . Three of these children are not continuing with me once they start school so do I just leave it or submit my profile early? There would be no sense submitting it when it us a year out of date...
Am j just misinterpreting the wording?
Confused!!
Thanks in advance.

mama2three
01-09-2014, 10:13 AM
there needs to be a full eyfs profile when the chid leaves eyfs. But that's usually for the f2( reception) teacher to do , before they head off to y1.

If a child heads off to school before this then I do a transition report showing the childs likes , dislikes , quirks , needs , and some information about where they are against the EYO levels. This does go off to school in time for settling in visits etc , I had a meeting at the end of summer term with the teacher of the 2 who go off to her in September. Shes much more interested in things like what style of learning they have , or how they like to be comforted , than in whether they can name all their shapes etc....

You're right , no point at all completing a full profile against the early learning goals when they have another year of learning in EYFS!

Simona
01-09-2014, 10:23 AM
I thought we had to send this profile up with the rising five child on their school settling in visits (makes sense)
But p14 of the new eyfs says to complete this profile for every child in my setting who is aged five by the final term of the year.
That means all the four year olds who have had funded hours with me don't have to have a profile from me till they go from reception to year I . Three of these children are not continuing with me once they start school so do I just leave it or submit my profile early? There would be no sense submitting it when it us a year out of date...
Am j just misinterpreting the wording?
Confused!!
Thanks in advance.

That profile is usually done by reception teachers and handed to Year 1 teachers
Is your child with you ...or has been up to now and going straight to Year 1 in Sept?
If so the profile should have been completed by 30 June and given to your LA as stated on p15 and they would have had to offer you support in completing it if you wanted it and LAs need to send this info to the DfE

Give them a call and see what they say but my understanding it is very rare for us to have to do it as most children are in school for reception

Let us know what you find out

jadavi
01-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Thanks

Last year when I went to a settling in session with a 4 y o mindee whi had her nursery hours with us -we were the only ones who took our learning journal and transition report. None of the nursery children had theirs. So I didn't bother this year. I'm going to give the books to the parents when they leave.

mama2three
02-09-2014, 06:23 AM
jadavi Im the only one who passes on this information to school as well. None of the playgroup / nursery / other minded children have it.
I see it that just because others don't do their job properly doesn't men I shouldn't - plus Ive invested time and love into those children and I want the best for them - so having a teacher who has a good understanding of who they are from day 1 has to be better for them.
Plus it might be one of the reasons why 2 of the teachers from the school have now placed children with me!

jadavi
03-09-2014, 05:44 PM
I agree motherofthree

I just did it through the parents instead as I wasn't going to the settling in visits.
I wonder how nurseries get away with it.