PDA

View Full Version : 1st September has dawned

Simona
01-09-2014, 09:29 AM
So here we are...Sept 1st 2014
new EYFS...well we have had plenty of notice on that one...so we are well prepared until DO arrives and says it's not good enough and needs tweaking to her targets?

several updated Ofsted documents...all policies and paperwork in place and updated?
11 days notice on those but I know we will have tried our best to highlight and scribble on the docs...thanks Ofsted for giving us so much notice

Another 130,000 2 year olds have joined the scheme and LAs are still scratching for places
Funding remains as low as ever and each LAs able to have their own set of rules and conditions...the bonus is we can look forward to an extra 53p via the Pupil Premium in 2015

We have had a change of ministers at the DfE but not in style

Training is now available at a cost to our already strained budgets...conferences are now beyond the reach of many CMs

Schools are ready for the free lunches...or not! I read one school will be offering pub sandwiches because their kitchen is not updated yet
Schools have liaised with cms on wraparound care so we can work together on this?

The cost of childcare is still the hot topic but only seen from the parents' angle not the providers who hardly get surveyed or consulted

Agencies...now up and running despite the DfE giving 2 days' notice to those who wish to set one up and those who wish to join...anyone heard of any set up yet?
I dread to be in the shoes of anyone who had a plan on their agency and then find it does not fit the DfE criteria

Officially CMs can now call themselves Independent!
has anything changed for you or is it 'business as usual'?

mama2three
01-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Nothing has changed here whatsoever. Theres a newer copy of the eyfs in my file. the sen policy now has a 'd' added. That's all folks!

Kiddleywinks
01-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Nothing has changed here whatsoever. Theres a newer copy of the eyfs in my file. the sen policy now has a 'd' added. That's all folks!

Not just me then?!

I've only had to make 4 minor adjustments (wording mostly) to my existing policies, rename my SEN, to SEND, and add two lines and a link to the online parents guide.

Was beginning to think I'd missed something major, but having spent time going through Sarah's list (thanks for that!) I can't see it lol

gwm
01-09-2014, 10:27 AM
It reminds me of The Millenium....at the dawn of year 2000....There was such a build up and expectations that something would go wrong...Time would stop. But, the next day came and it was business as usual!

bunyip
01-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Officially CMs can now call themselves Independent!
has anything changed for you or is it 'business as usual'?

I've always been an Independent Childminder.............

............I hadn't previously noticed anything I could depend upon

(...........except for the fact that a child will always want the toilet in the most inconvenient place. :p)

Mouse
01-09-2014, 11:21 AM
It's just like when you're building up to a 'significant' birthday. There's so much anticipation and dread, then when the day arrives you realise that nothing has really changed & it's all a bit of an anticlimax!

hectors house
01-09-2014, 12:12 PM
It's just like when you're building up to a 'significant' birthday. There's so much anticipation and dread, then when the day arrives you realise that nothing has really changed & it's all a bit of an anticlimax!

Well from now to end of December will probably be one long anticlimax for me then with new EYFS 2014, Ofsted inspection well overdue and a "significant" birthday before the new year. :panic:

Simona
01-09-2014, 02:53 PM
It reminds me of The Millenium....at the dawn of year 2000....There was such a build up and expectations that something would go wrong...Time would stop. But, the next day came and it was business as usual!

Something has gone wrong...hahaha!!!
Apparently the DfE guidance contradicts Ofsted plans for inspections...joy :D
Obviously they do not talk to each other...too many chefs...!

DfE childminder guidance contradicts Ofsted inspection plans | Children & Young People Now (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1146292/dfe-childminder-guidance-contradicts-ofsted-inspection-plans?utm_content=&utm_campaign=010914%20daily&utm_source=Children%20%26%20Young%20People%20Now&utm_medium=adestra_email&utm_term=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cypnow.co.uk%2Fcyp%2Fnew s%2F1146292%2Fdfe-childminder-guidance-contradicts-ofsted-inspection-plans)

loocyloo
01-09-2014, 03:25 PM
:-) :-) :-)

mum67
01-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Well from now to end of December will probably be one long anticlimax for me then with new EYFS 2014, Ofsted inspection well overdue and a "significant" birthday before the new year. :panic:

Snap on that one hectors house, can't wait for xmas though, I just lluuuurrrvvvv it.:D

gwm
01-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Simona, you shouldn't mock the afflicted!!! :jump for joy: