PDA

View Full Version : activity for 9 month old baby

claire85
30-08-2014, 08:35 PM
I have noticed baby aged 9 months likes to bang a toy on to another one. i need some ideas for next steps for this iv previously used saucepan with wooden spoons but wanted something else to take the banging further. any ideas would be welcome xx

Simona
31-08-2014, 08:38 AM
I have noticed baby aged 9 months likes to bang a toy on to another one. i need some ideas for next steps for this iv previously used saucepan with wooden spoons but wanted something else to take the banging further. any ideas would be welcome xx

This happens often to babies at that age...mine did exactly the same
It is PSED ...making music and experimenting so provide lots of things the baby can practice this...put them all in a treasure basket

It is also PD...handling
Look at Development Matters and see what you can provide in your Enabling Environment to support and scaffold this new step....a few saucepans with wooden spoons for playing drum would be lovely...you could built a music wall too :thumbsup:

Elkie Mawdsley
31-08-2014, 06:39 PM
My lo loves to bang anything together. Megablocks, symbols (childrens ones), saucepans and spoons, drum and stick, spoon and tray ......