PDA

View Full Version : Child reverting to soiling and wetting

jadavi
30-08-2014, 01:58 PM
A four year old who is starting school has begun soiling and wetting . Is this at all normal due to nerves at something new?
He is living in a potentially traumatic household anyway (see my other thread) as his 13 y o sibling is aggressive and dangerous and is regularly arrested for putting himself or his family in danger. is it more likely to be this situation do you think?

Fitrix
30-08-2014, 02:19 PM
How long has the child been in your setting and how long has he been toilet trained? Have there been any regressions before that you are aware of?
I'm very interested in any info offered on this subject as have exactly the same situation with one of my mindees. (Who has had many regressions every time she experiences transition between settings or poss through trauma at home).

AliceK
30-08-2014, 03:30 PM
By knowing what you have said in your previous thread about this family I would be noting this as a concern. Is there any news on anything happening to help this poor mum. Sounds to my like LO is being affected badly by this :(

xxx

Simona
30-08-2014, 03:42 PM
A four year old who is starting school has begun soiling and wetting . Is this at all normal due to nerves at something new?
He is living in a potentially traumatic household anyway (see my other thread) as his 13 y o sibling is aggressive and dangerous and is regularly arrested for putting himself or his family in danger. is it more likely to be this situation do you think?

I hope reading this will help you
This child is going through a lot at the moment and regression is the sign he is not coping well

Children of all ages experience regression as they grow up (http://www.guelphmercury.com/living-story/2729649-children-of-all-ages-experience-regression-as-they-grow-up/)

bunyip
30-08-2014, 03:44 PM
I had this with a new schoolie last year. :(

jadavi
30-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Thanks

I had a letter back from my mp that the case was being investigated but nothing has been put in place so far.