PDA

View Full Version : Care 2 Learn

melco
29-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Hi,

Anyone that use Care 2 Learn vouchers know if there is a set date each month you get paid or if it depends on when they receive the hours the child had done? I am just filling in the contract and I don't know what to put for payment day.

Thanks

melco xx

rickysmiths
29-08-2014, 01:48 PM
I was paid via Care to Learn a few years ago and as far as I remember it was paid at the end of each month dependent on you and the college returning an attendance sheet to them (they sent it to me each month and it was just a tick to confirm I had had the child), they do not pay if the student fails to attend college. The summer retainer was paid in one chunk at the end of June and they paid all but 2 weeks of the holiday it was also half fee over the Christmas break and the Easter break they don't usually get half terms but you need to get the exact dates from your parent.

There was a big hic up the year I started but once it got sorted the system worked well.

They pay a set amount a week and no more so be aware that this may not cover all your fees. I think it was £180 per week when I was doing it. Though they would pay this max over 3 days for example if your daily fee happened to be £60 per day you would be paid all your fees but if the student needed 5 days care they would not pay the other £120pw to cover the other days. If you see what I mean? They only pay this amount to cover the students weeks in college and my student finished at the beginning of June so a shorter year than the school year. You will need to be very clear on Term Dates and holidays. You may have a problem getting paid any extra money from a student so you need to have a very frank talk to the parent.