PDA

View Full Version : what activities are you doing today?

Elkie Mawdsley
29-08-2014, 06:11 AM
It's my mindees first day back after a two week break today so think we will have some free play in the morning (our usual Friday group off for the holidays) followed by a spot of painting before lunch. Need some inspiration for this afternoon - he is two and loves tractors, fire engines and all things that go! I need to start helping him to recognise more and less etc.

Thank you everyone :)

watford wizz
29-08-2014, 07:32 AM
Why not get the weighing scales out and weigh tractors etc they don't need exact measurement if you've got more thAn one sort of scales, sorting vehicles into different groups, we did this yesterday and with bathroom scales ended in lots of fun as we weighed each item then measured height and width marked it on a big piece of paper lightest, heaviest, longest etc x

mrs robbie williams
29-08-2014, 10:57 AM
We are off to soft play only one mindee who is 3 taking my ds10 and my niece and nephew and meeting friend there who I've known forever with her two grand kids :)

loocyloo
29-08-2014, 11:48 AM
It's one mindees last day so by request we have been to feed the ducks and out for teacakes! Painting this afternoon :-)

JKL
29-08-2014, 03:16 PM
I have my 'holiday and weekend' mindee here today and we've been to ikea so she could pick the new toy boxes for the playroom. No arguments as she's the only one! :)

We then went to soft play with my DS, a friend of mine and her two LO's. Her DS is the same age as my mindee and they are at the same school so play really well together.

We then came home and my DS is having a nap while the power rangers have a tea party on quad bikes!?! I didn't query it as she's becoming really involved in the imaginative play and it's lovely to see, as she's usually quite reserved. :D

xx