PDA

View Full Version : What House Insurance do you have?

Hollygolightly
27-08-2014, 09:30 PM
I rang Esure about my house insurance today as I start childminding next week, and they told me that as from that day they cannot insure me anymore!! I was really surprised, I just thought they might put up my payments slightly. I just got a new quote from Tesco's and at the end there was a section about childminders, that I must be registered and have the correct amount of children, it then went on to say that accidental damage will not be covered during business hours when there are visitors in the house including the children and their parents. So I was wondering have you taken out special insurance to cover childminding hours or just going with normal insurance as I've described that doesnt cover accidental damage when the children are in your house? Thanks. I can't believe how much is involved with childminding!!

yummyripples
28-08-2014, 08:24 AM
I have just renewed my insurance and this is the first time that so much information was asked.
I paid £365 with insure4retirement.
Axa was £395.
Go on compare the market - you get a free merekat too lol!

Mollymop
28-08-2014, 08:43 AM
I am with Churchill, being a childminder makes no difference it's in their terms and conditions that childminding is exempt from running a business in your home. Give them a ring and see what they say as they are cheap

lisbet
28-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Morton Michel. Good price and good cover tailored to CMs (accidental damage, theft of business equipment etc.)

mrs robbie williams
28-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Lisbet do u mind me asking how much u pay and if u can pay monthly with mm? I'm with them for cm insurance x

AliceK
28-08-2014, 11:34 AM
I am with MM too, they cover for accidental damage which is a bonus when you're doing this job. I pay monthly with them, I think it's about £13pm. I used to be with co-op but once when I tried to make a claim for my laptop when my cat spilt a cup of tea over it (don't ask!!) I found out I couldn't claim for it. I use MM for both my car insurance too.

xxx

mum67
28-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Tesco and if any accidental damage occurs it will be on weekends or evenings ;)

mrs robbie williams
29-08-2014, 05:44 AM
Going to look into mm today thanks guys :)