PDA

View Full Version : Paper work for over 5's

jodi2404
27-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Hello
I am just in the process of starting out as a CM. Having previously worked in a foundation unit of a primary school, I feel confident about what I'm doing with 0-5's regarding planning, observations etc and the EYFS.
However, what should be done with children over 5 that only come before/after school? What do Ofsted expect us to cover and complete for these children? I know a diary/journal of some kind as a means of communication for parents and a folder for anything they produce such as pictures, photos etc but what else is required for these children?

Also - my daughter is 4, my son is 11 months. How do they fit in with planning/observation/assessment etc? do i treat them the same as the minded children or do they not need any kind of paperwork doing? As im writing it out i feel really silly asking but i just feel a little unsure about it so thought its best to ask!

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Thanks!

mum67
29-08-2014, 12:04 AM
You don't need any paperwork for your own children only your mindees. I have read on here that some keep a scrap book with pictures made by the children and/or photos of them playing with a few sentences on what they are doing, achieved or friends they have made etc.
Hopefully someone will have more advice.:)

You could do a scrapbook for your own lo's so that as they grow they feel part of the group, sometimes a child can feel excluded from simple things and ask "Why don't I have one of those mummy" if you get my drift.