PDA

View Full Version : After starting points

claire85
26-08-2014, 07:14 PM
I observed a 9 month old baby over 4 weeks i have them 1 day a week and from this i gathered the child's starting points. . Coming up for the 5th week mum informed me that baby is now crawling. so when baby came to me i planned to get some balls out for baby to play with to help them crawl. The next steps i planned were to have a ball treasure basket use toys that involved child putting them in different areas and rolling . Does this sound ok? i am getting confused as although the ball theme is still going the crawling may not be happening on all activities . Any help would be appreciated xx

moggy
26-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Don't over-think it! A ball treasure basket is lovely. The child is crawling, that's great- I'd be following that up with looking at my floor area, making sure there's lots of space for crawling, maybe things for playing peek-a-boo around like a big box to crawl in and out of.

Obs and next steps over-lap all over the place because children do not develop in a linear manner. Try the balls, child may love it, or may not, or might find something completely different to interest them... don't over-think too much! 'Next steps' ideas come and go, some work, some do not, as long as the child is making progress over time that is fine.

claire85
26-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks moggy :)

toddlers896
26-08-2014, 09:22 PM
I agree with moggy. Don't over think. Let the child play and just put out a few age related toys for him to choose from.