PDA

View Full Version : Daily diaries?

Monkey1
29-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Do you do diaries for under 5's or just for under 3's?
Do you make your own or just use a hardback book?
In the process of re doing mine (i seem to be re doing everything!) ready for EYFS and just thought i would ask what everyone else does!

Mollymop
29-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Under 5's

I use a hardbacked A5 book, i fill in a page or so a day and give to the parents at the end of the week. They usually leave comments and they are so lovely!! I think ofsted wil be impressed except for last weeks comments from a parent "....thank you for all the treats, icecream, sweets and magazines....." (she was over exaggerating, it was only 1 icecream and a packet of sweets on the Friday!)

aly
29-07-2008, 01:27 PM
when reg'd i will do under 5's....I have to prise things out of my son and he will be 7 in oct :panic::panic:

Annie_T
29-07-2008, 01:28 PM
i plan to have one for every mindee i have, x

sue m
29-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I do one for every mindee I have. I've got a brother and sister and they are 2.5 and one year old. I got some little diary type books from Tesco. Pink for her and blue for him. That will probably be wrong as well!!! :panic:

Mollymop
29-07-2008, 02:19 PM
I do one for every mindee I have. I've got a brother and sister and they are 2.5 and one year old. I got some little diary type books from Tesco. Pink for her and blue for him. That will probably be wrong as well!!! :panic:

Haha Sue, I have a pink one for S and I thought "i bet ofsted wonder why I chose PINK" naughty naughty, I just like pink!

mrsb
29-07-2008, 03:14 PM
I've been through so many books and not even started writing in them yet, I bought a pre written diary from ebay that had all the eyfs requirements in it and spaces for pics, photos, planning, links back to eyfs etc etc then I was told by childminding matters that I only have to link back to the eyfs bits if I am accredited - which i'm not.
I then bought an A4 book from asda which has it's own dividers in as i thought I could put their work in one section then photos etc etc. BUT looking at it now I think there are wbout 500 pages in it:panic:

So today i bought some hardback A4 pads which have 60 sheets in so I think i'm sticking with them:panic: :rolleyes: :laughing:

Monkey1
29-07-2008, 03:31 PM
I found some a5 hardback books in wilkos for 59 p each. i think i will stick with them! I think what Sandra says about sending them home once a week for the parents to add comments is a good idea. When i send them everyday i feel rushed in doing them, i can do them at my leisure....probably over a glass of cider or two!:D

sarah707
29-07-2008, 03:34 PM
A5 hardback books - cheapies.

I do one for each child under 3 ... and would do them for older children if requested :D

jaz
29-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I have daily sheets that I hole punch and then keep at my house all together as I was fed up with losing books and then when I had changed my system, finding the lo's daily sheets at the bottom of their bags unread!!

I explained the changes I was making to the parents and they were happy with that.

J
x

Pudding Girl
29-07-2008, 03:35 PM
I got some funky a5 ish sized hard back notebooks in Asda for about 60p each and I do for all mindees at mo 2yo 2yo and 3yo, and probably would for all under school ages anyway.

Mine go home every night and usually brought back unless someone decides to hide them :rolleyes: and occasionally get a comment in, but not often. I like it when I do, it makes me feel like they actually DO read them :rolleyes:

Alibali
29-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I suppose it depends on the child. I have always done a diary for each child, but I now have a very articulate 3 yo and he tells his mum about his day at bed time, so I tell her all the important things and have stopped doing his diary!