PDA

View Full Version : Help new childminder

Lizziereid86
25-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Hi
I'm just getting ready for my pre registration visit, I'm getting really confused as to what I need to have in the childrens learning journeys. I worked in a nursery many years ago, we would put next step plans in which I am now guessing from here are now called plods? is that correct? Also observations, children's work and photographs of children taking part in activities. Is this what I need? or will Ofsted require more? I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with it all.

Please help
x

Simona
11-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Hi
I'm just getting ready for my pre registration visit, I'm getting really confused as to what I need to have in the childrens learning journeys. I worked in a nursery many years ago, we would put next step plans in which I am now guessing from here are now called plods? is that correct? Also observations, children's work and photographs of children taking part in activities. Is this what I need? or will Ofsted require more? I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with it all.

Please help
x

it has been a while since you posted your comment so by now you may have had your visit?
Do exactly what you did at nursery but adapt it to your way of working

you do not need to put hundreds of observations in the journal...you could keep these separate and base your next Steps on the most relevant where progress...or otherwise is showing

we also need to do a good quality summary Assessment for parents...this is in Conducting EY inspections which Ofsted updated in August

Good luck