PDA

View Full Version : Need advise please

Julia
29-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Ok, this is what has happened.....

I started to mind a little 7 month old on a Saturday, the contract is for 7am to 6pm. first week was fine although the dad did try to make me have the the baby from 7am to 1pm and therefore rendering my Saturday totally usless and also cutting the fee by half and therfore not worth me doing the job at all.

Last Saturday, dad walks in and said that I have made a mistake with the contract and it should have been 6:30pm pick up like he said (at no time was 6:30 ever mentioned), but because it was 7am and the baby was present, I said it would be ok for today. The day went well and then at 6:30 pm there was no sign of dad, he turned up at 6:45pm and didnt offer an apology for at least 5 minutes, he then tells me that his wife will be bringing over the payment after work she should be here by 7pm.

I was planning to take my children to the cinema and we needed to be there by 7:00 otherwise the film would already of started but they always have 15 mins of ad's so I thought if were ready to go when she turns up we'll make it. She didnt turn up until 7:10 !! I literally just took the money off her said goodbye and shut the door. Needless to say my kids missed out on the film.

I decided to terminate the contract with immediate effect and sent a letter stateing that on Sunday afternoon, so I would have thought it would have been delivered by now and Id have had a phone call.

The only problem is if I ring them, Im still very angry about it and I may say something to offend, like your husbands a Di*k, and what if they havent recieved the letter and turn up on Saturday morning?

So should I wait until tommorrow to wait to see if they ring me or should I ring them tonight, Ive written down what I want to say, as long as I stick to it I'll be fine.

I have their travel cot so Im going to have to drop it off, should I just go up there with it and place another copy of the letter on it, so I know they have it??

I just dont want to see that creeps face again, hes treated me with such distain.:angry:

Minstrel
29-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Did you send it registered post?
i probably would do that then you know they have it plus you have it recorded then if they dispute it at all.

Julia
29-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Did you send it registered post?
i probably would do that then you know they have it plus you have it recorded then if they dispute it at all.

No do you think I should send another one today, they would be garenteed to get it tommorow then, or should i just go and knock on their door and give it to them?

Minstrel
29-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Personally would send thorugh registered post cos i'm a coward!!!! plus they could still deny getting it - this way you'd have a receipt as confirmation x

aly
29-07-2008, 01:21 PM
If you are taking the travel cot why not put a copy of the letter with it and tell them there is a copy there for them just incase they havent received the original.

That is terrible of them, good job you got out now I think

kindredspirits
29-07-2008, 01:28 PM
they are probably so pig ignorant they are ignoring your letter. i'd send another one recorded and also drop one off with the travel cot.

Julia
29-07-2008, 01:30 PM
If you are taking the travel cot why not put a copy of the letter with it and tell them there is a copy there for them just incase they havent received the original.

That is terrible of them, good job you got out now I think

Not out yet, knowing that hard face git, he'll turn up on Saturday morning stating he didnt get the letter.

Anyway just decided, if they want it they can ring me to get it, stuff them!

See Im getting angry AGAIN, he really really Pd me off, Ive never been treated that badly by anyone before, i think on Saturday I didnt say anything to his face because i was in shock.:eek:

Tatia
29-07-2008, 01:31 PM
What does your contract say about terminating a contract? Just be very careful. You have to have very good reasons for terminating w/out notice.

I'm not saying they weren't rude and treated you disrespectfully and I hope it all turns out okay for you.:)

Julia
29-07-2008, 01:34 PM
they are probably so pig ignorant they are ignoring your letter. i'd send another one recorded and also drop one off with the travel cot.

Your right, i shall send one recorded, I know he's home tommorrow, cheap Bas*ard wont pay for childcare in the week, his wife had Mon, Tues off He has Wed, Thurs off his mum has the boy on Fri and on Saturday, her mum was doing it but complained about the early start (hense asking me to have him 7am to 1pm so nanna could have her lie on).
Nice, so the poor baby hasnt a clue where he is.

Julia
29-07-2008, 01:36 PM
What does your contract say about terminating a contract? Just be very careful. You have to have very good reasons for terminating w/out notice.

I'm not saying they weren't rude and treated you disrespectfully and I hope it all turns out okay for you.:)

They both were in breach of the contract, they are to pay me up front, they paid me at 7:10pm and he was supposed to pick up at 6pm he picked up at 6:45pm and also you always have a 28 day cooling off period for both parties with any contact, so im ok:D

Bushpig
29-07-2008, 01:55 PM
So glad you got out now - good for you!!! Can someone else drop the cot off, so you don't have the chance of seeing them again???

Julia
29-07-2008, 01:58 PM
So glad you got out now - good for you!!! Can someone else drop the cot off, so you don't have the chance of seeing them again???

My husband? but I know they both work on Friday and saturday, so I could do the cowardly thing and leave it outside their door or with a neighbour?

But if they want the scabby thing they can come and get it, I dont want it!

Mollymop
29-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Good for you! Sounds like you have done the right thing, getting out of the contract before the 4 weeks ended. Then you may have been stuck with them still messing you about.

As for the cot, I would wait for them to pick it up.

mrsb
29-07-2008, 03:06 PM
My husband? but I know they both work on Friday and saturday, so I could do the cowardly thing and leave it outside their door or with a neighbour?

But if they want the scabby thing they can come and get it, I dont want it!

Definately don't leave it at their house or a neighbours, if the prents wanted to they could deny receiving the cot.
Personally i would ring them dialling 141 first then if the dad picks up I would hang up and they won't know it was you:blush: :laughing: If you get the mum I would just apologise for how things have ended and ask when it would be convenient for you to drop the cot round or for them to come and collect it.

Hope it works out ok for you :)

Julia
29-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Definately don't leave it at their house or a neighbours, if the prents wanted to they could deny receiving the cot.
Personally i would ring them dialling 141 first then if the dad picks up I would hang up and they won't know it was you:blush: :laughing: If you get the mum I would just apologise for how things have ended and ask when it would be convenient for you to drop the cot round or for them to come and collect it.

Hope it works out ok for you :)

Good idea, Ive got the mums mobile number, maybe I should try ringing her direct? Im not so worried about the travel cot to be honest, if they leave it, NICE :laughing:

I'll ring mum later or do you think a Text is a bit rude?

mrsb
29-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Good idea, Ive got the mums mobile number, maybe I should try ringing her direct? Im not so worried about the travel cot to be honest, if they leave it, NICE :laughing:

I'd definately ring :)

I'm only using getting the travel cot back to them as an excuse to find out if they have the letter :)

Julia
29-07-2008, 04:13 PM

I texted her asking when is she coming to collect the t.cot. she said tomorrow afternoon! so she got the letter, brilliant.

PHEW, thank god for that.:clapping:

Julia
29-07-2008, 04:14 PM
I texted her asking when is she coming to collect the t.cot. she said tomorrow afternoon! so she got the letter, brilliant.

PHEW, thank god for that.:clapping:

Thanks girls:thumbsup:

mrsb
29-07-2008, 04:14 PM
That's brilliant :clapping: hope she isn't funny with you when she picks it up :)

Well done!

Minstrel
29-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Glad you got it sorted x
she was probably worried about contacting you to ask for it back!
If she asks are you gonna tell her you quit cos her husband is an a**e?