PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED explain changes to inspections (NWorld)

Simona
20-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Nick Hudson on inspections, updates and CMs agencies released today alongside the new Ofsted updates

Making sure young children develop and are safe | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/opinion/1146107/children-develop-safe)

sarah707
20-08-2014, 07:14 PM
I anticipate my email with interest I wonder what they are going to throw at us now? :ohdear:

Simona
20-08-2014, 07:38 PM
I anticipate my email with interest I wonder what they are going to throw at us now? :ohdear:

I think they are listening ...or at least OBC has made them think
When you read the updates it looks like a few welcome changes are on the way...some good news there !:thumbsup:

FloraDora
20-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Why did I log in?
9 documents updated on 20th August!
Thankyou for that sign post Simona. ( quite genuine - not sarcastic I am glad to be told of these things)
Up early tomorrow to take photos of sunrise - will save reading them until I get back, a nice treat to look forward to over my croissant and hot chocolate!
Going out now to look at the stars ....to take my mind off everything.

Simona
20-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Anyone on twitter can get a taste of the updates as PLA Under5 magazine was very quick in going through the documents within hours and tweeted all the changes
Look up their feed @under5mag or look at my feed as I retweeted each update

Get your printers going and highlighters at the ready....but do not worry as the updates are not going to need any policies change just awareness of:
complaints driven inspections have changed following a short trial but we knew that already.... clarifications on when inspections will happen within the current cycle which ends July 2016, how to evidence that disadvantaged children are catching up, how often you share progress with parents with a 'good quality' summary, educational programmes are now 'early years curriculum' (I wonder when they would sneak that change in!!), clarification that L&D are not required for wraparound care...those are just the ones I remember at the moment

The Evaluation schedule has not been changed so only 8 docs to look at :angry: but we have 11 days!! :mad:

I am sure we will discuss further :thumbsup:...make sure you have a good supply on ink for your printer!

Incidentally on theUnder5Mag feed you will also find some updates on agencies