PDA

View Full Version : Am I a bad Childminder?

melco
19-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Hi,

I have 2 little ones with me today age 2. Since they arrived they have had all the toys out and imagination is running wild, they are also playing nicely together which is very unusual for them. They have had a snack and played some more. I have just noticed it is nearly lunch time so we have not taken out usual trip out. After lunch they normally sleep for a couple of hours so may not get a chance to get out the house today. Does this make me a bad Childminder if we do not go out or should I try and make the effort and take them out after walk? It does not help that my daughter took hours to get ready this morning!!

Thanks

melco

AliceK
19-08-2014, 10:56 AM
They have been happy all morning so what's the problem. You shouldn't feel you HAVE to go out every day. We haven't been out today, I am not feeling up to much but the children have all been happy playing and making dens and "going on holiday" and I have just cleared up the table after a gluing and sticking session. Like you I will be doing lunch soon and then they will be having a nap so unless they decide to go out in the garden later then we won't have been out today.

xxxx

smurfette
19-08-2014, 11:04 AM
I go out most days but this am one of the little fellas arrived knackered,
Was planning on walking the dog in the park but when he is overtired he falls a lot and is miserable so no point.! Also my girls are only on school hols Til next week and they want a pj morning.. Little ones been very happy watering flowers sticking and colouring and playing with bubbles.
Lunch is on, then nap. May or may not go out later. Go with the flow !

shortstuff
19-08-2014, 11:14 AM
I agree with the others. Nothing to feel bad for. Days at home are the best sometimes.

clareelizabeth1
19-08-2014, 11:40 AM
I don't go out every day. I'm a home from home that means we do go groups but sometimes we stay home. Nothing wrong with a bit of home time. I never feel bad staying home sometimes I feel bad taking them out every day. It sometimes feels like all we do is travel. I live in the middle of nowhere though.

Lal
19-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Hi Melco. To reword your opening post "During careful observation of the children I saw that they were highly engaged in creative play and demonstrating characteristics of effective learning, within an enabling environment with the support of an adult who is able to support them in meeting their next-steps........" or something like that! Nothing wrong with that :)

watford wizz
19-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Rest, relaxation and contemplation are NOT wasted time. We live in a world of constant go, go, go and are now reaping the consequences where billions are being spent on adults having to learn relaxation techniques, take sleeping tablets etc. so don't feel bad about having days at home, free play, cuddley blanket and cushion time, relax and enjoy teaching the children you care for how to be happy, heathy and destressed x

Maza
19-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Remember, they have already been outside on their journey to your house. If they were bouncing off the walls then you would know that you were depriving them of a good runaround, but yours sound perfectly happy. x