PDA

View Full Version : temperature advice

Rickers83
19-08-2014, 06:17 AM
Hi

Lo2 arrived this morning looking like he'd been dragged through a hedge backwards & flushed face.
Mum advised hes had a temp for few days & is off food, she thinks its teeth....

I don't have anything specific in my policies for temperature, just a general, if not well enough to join in shouldn't be here.

Does anyone have a specific policy on temperature or is there any official guidance?
I know a nursery would have refused, but is that their rules or actual rules?

Emra81
19-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Depends on the age of the child (the younger they are the stricter I am on how high a temp I will accept), any other symptoms, how they are in themselves (are they well enough to join in with our usual activities/do they actually need 1:1 care?), knowledge of the child (e.g. have they had a raised temp with teeth before?) and the actual temp. Generally once they hit 38 I'm on the phone asking for them to be picked up but if they had other symptoms or were particularly unwell with it, I'd send home with a temp in the high 37's. I just have a general statement in my policies about temperature as I think each situation needs to be judged individual but do state that temperatures can be serious and can rise rapidly plus I have a duty of care to the other children I'm looking after. Hope that helps!