PDA

View Full Version : Ideas please for an empty room

toddlers896
18-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Our local garden centre does a story time session on Monday mornings for half an hour and since changing the look of the garden centre they now have a designated room. The lady that does it was planning to extend the session with toys games etc but she doesn't have the time due to people in the store being made redundant. She said that if somebody is willing to organise a few ideas then we can have the room every Monday morning. She will do the story but then the room is ours until 1pm. I have offered to do this with the help of my cm buddies as it is a great space, we are struggling to find something to do on a. Monday and most importantly we are allowed to have coffee in the room ha ha.
So my question is what would you plan for the children if you had this empty room bearing in mindee they have no resources.

I suggested a wiggle and shake music session.

:thumbsup:

hectors house
18-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Our local garden centre does a story time session on Monday mornings for half an hour and since changing the look of the garden centre they now have a designated room. The lady that does it was planning to extend the session with toys games etc but she doesn't have the time due to people in the store being made redundant. She said that if somebody is willing to organise a few ideas then we can have the room every Monday morning. She will do the story but then the room is ours until 1pm. I have offered to do this with the help of my cm buddies as it is a great space, we are struggling to find something to do on a. Monday and most importantly we are allowed to have coffee in the room ha ha.
So my question is what would you plan for the children if you had this empty room bearing in mindee they have no resources.

I suggested a wiggle and shake music session.

:thumbsup:

Love the wiggle & shake idea :thumbsup:

If you knew what books were going to be read at story time you could plan a craft activity around it - few photocopied sheets & crayons or some coloured paper and some glue sticks needed cost too much - sticking pictures from old magazines from travel agents (or old seed catalogues) onto plain paper.

KateA
18-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Hi how about learning about different plants etc and how to care for them ? ask if the mindees could water the plants etc grow cress etc

x

Mouse
18-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Do they have a spare cupboard you could use to store things in? I'd try to build up a stock of craft resources and I'm sure the garden centre must have things you could use - decorating plant pots, planting sun flower seeds, growing cress etc.

A music/ exercise session would be good, along with singing, story and a weekly craft.