PDA

View Full Version : August birthday school starter- ratios

Lal
15-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Just a quick question- Am I right in thinking that f I have a child with an august birthday who is just 4, at school full time in reception they will count in my ratios as "young" until they start in YR 1?

AliceK
15-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Just a quick question- Am I right in thinking that f I have a child with an august birthday who is just 4, at school full time in reception they will count in my ratios as "young" until they start in YR 1?

If they are in full-time school even if they are only 4 they will count in your school age (5 up to 8yr) ratios not in your early years ratios.

xxx

Lal
15-08-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm confused. Is there a difference between Early Years and Young in terms of ratio?
PACEY website says:
"Each childminder may care for:

a maximum of six children under the age of 8;
of these six children, a maximum of three may be young children, (a child is defined as a "young child" up until 1st September following his/her 5th birthday).
no more than one child may be under the age of 1."

FussyElmo
15-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm confused. Is there a difference between Early Years and Young in terms of ratio?
PACEY website says:
"Each childminder may care for:

a maximum of six children under the age of 8;
of these six children, a maximum of three may be young children, (a child is defined as a "young child" up until 1st September following his/her 5th birthday).
no more than one child may be under the age of 1."

Yes for ratio purposes a child who is 4 and in full time school can be classed as a rising 5 and included in your 5-8 age group

LizP
15-08-2014, 04:58 PM
The 4 year old will not count in the 3 under 5s, as they are not on the early tears register when they attend full time school. This also counts in holidays aswell.

States this in the statutory guidelines under ratios.

Lal
15-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Thank you all. I've now read the standards and it makes sense.