PDA

View Full Version : Escalation Policy

twiggy
14-08-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm hoping someone can help. I have recently had a Local Authority welfare check and been advised to have an escalation policy but I'm struggling to find one. Does anyone already have one that they wouldn't mind sharing or a link that I can go to.

Thanks

Twiggy (I wish!)

moggy
14-08-2014, 01:59 PM
What context? Is this to do with complaints, or safeguarding? Surely it is covered by your existing policies? I'd ask for more detail or ask for which regulations they expect you to cover with that.

Never heard of a policy with this title before.

mum67
14-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Not sure if I'm right on this but I think it is more for nursery, school settings where an incident is passed up to the next person to make sure it is dealt with and not ignored, then you are covered by informing everyone of a situation then you can't get blamed if nothing is done about it.

I would do what Moggy said and ask for more information on what they actually want.

mum67
14-08-2014, 02:19 PM
If it's for safeguarding or complaints we already cover it by writing our referrals and outcomes on our record sheets.

Is this another made up thing from a DO because it isn't listed on paperwork requirements of the EYFS or Ofsted, not that I know of anyway.

Hope someone comes along soon and gives you a better answer.

twiggy
14-08-2014, 02:40 PM
It is for Safeguarding. I have already added a section to say that if my assistant isn't happy with any decision I make with regard to Safeguarding they can go above me, so I'm not sure what else the Local Authority need. The only Escalation policy I could find online was for a big company where there were lots of line managers and therefore lots of different stages of it being taken to managers etc.

twiggy
14-08-2014, 02:41 PM
I think it is our Local Authority again not understanding that I am a childminder and not a nursery.

mum67
14-08-2014, 02:54 PM
It is for Safeguarding. I have already added a section to say that if my assistant isn't happy with any decision I make with regard to Safeguarding they can go above me, so I'm not sure what else the Local Authority need. The only Escalation policy I could find online was for a big company where there were lots of line managers and therefore lots of different stages of it being taken to managers etc.

Yes that's what I thought it is more for a bigger unit or company. You sound like you have it covered with your assistant and really apart from you she can only really go to the same people as you can, Ofsted etc. The LA's really do complicate things for us don't they :(

Ring them up and get clarifcation on what they actually want to see in this Evaluation policy, if it exists in childminding.

It's not on my list of p&p's to have and mine is a 2012 one unless they added more since.

again good luck with getting it sorted.

twiggy
14-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Thank you all for your help, I will message my LA. I'm sure my Safeguarding policy is fine without including an escalation policy but will double check.