PDA

View Full Version : Q re: 2 year progress check

natlou82
14-08-2014, 08:57 AM
I've got a little one starting tomorrow, just one session a week, he turns 2 in only 2 weeks, am I right in assuming that I wouldn't have to do the progress check as he's only just settling in?

shortstuff
14-08-2014, 09:01 AM
It needs to be done between the 2nd and 3rd birthdays so you have plenty of time to get to know him :D

Simona
14-08-2014, 09:11 AM
I've got a little one starting tomorrow, just one session a week, he turns 2 in only 2 weeks, am I right in assuming that I wouldn't have to do the progress check as he's only just settling in?

In theory ...yes you should have a year to complete and really assess the child and present your assessment to the parents and HV ....but the system is not that perfect at the moment and ...as usual...each LA will have a different method

In practice ....many Health Visitors carry out their check on the child as they just turn 2...
that means many cms will have little written down on paper to show and then ...maybe...some concerns may arise later on the child's progress

if that is the case just carry on with your Progress check then ask the parent to get a 2nd appointment with the HV if something has come up you feel needs addressing

Also in 2015 the system is supposed to become more cohesive when Education and Health are merged and there should be more integrated working

Good luck

natlou82
14-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Thanks, what I will do is do my usual baseline assessment within the first few weeks then if the HV check is soon after his birthday there will be a start point. If the HV check is not so soon I ll work to that date for the full progress report thanks x