PDA

View Full Version : DO visit

appletart88
12-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Hi all, I have my DO visiting for the first time tomorrow, what sort of thing will she do/ check? I'm a bit nervous as I don't know what to expect. Has anyone had theirs recently and have any experience TIA.

FloraDora
12-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Mine came out a couple of weeks ago, different areas will be different but she looked at my policies, LJ's, planning, we discussed lots but largely I lead it - this is a support visit remember - so should be a time for you to catch up on any new things your area are promoting and chance to have a professional discussion.

Don't worry about it- look forward to her/ him answering your queries.

moggy
12-08-2014, 07:22 PM
We don't have these in our area.

From what I have read of DOs on this forum, I would make sure you do not take anything she says at face value. If they say 'you need to do xxx' or 'you can't have xxx' ask why and in what guidance does it say so. Incredible how many DOs (and inspectors!) make up their own personal 'musts' and 'must nots' based on absolutely nothing but personal taste, leaving CMers wondering how they can make changes to fit something which is not actually required.

appletart88
13-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Ok brilliant thank you, I'll try to take everything with a pinch of salt then! Hopefully she'll have some good, relevant ideas.